Good Luck! Allocation Day March 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mad?

Re: Good Luck! Allocation Day March 2019

Post by mad? »

Great news for both of you glad that has been sorted so quickly.
mad?
loa_mom

Post by loa_mom »

DS got a place at STRS. But he prefers Pates(183). Any chance at Pates?

Thanks
Kaybee

Post by Kaybee »

loa_mom wrote:DS got a place at STRS. But he prefers Pates(183). Any chance at Pates?

Thanks
I’d say he’s probably in with a good chance! Pates will tell you what number they allocated up to this year. Last year they went up well into the 180’s. My son got 193 and he was on the waiting list for a bit (he was 6th at one point) but he was much keener on STRS so we ended up taking him off the waiting list.
loa_mom

Post by loa_mom »

Kaybee wrote:
loa_mom wrote:DS got a place at STRS. But he prefers Pates(183). Any chance at Pates?

Thanks
I’d say he’s probably in with a good chance! Pates will tell you what number they allocated up to this year. Last year they went up well into the 180’s. My son got 193 and he was on the waiting list for a bit (he was 6th at one point) but he was much keener on STRS so we ended up taking him off the waiting list.
Thanks Kaybee. I hope he gets into Pates. I don't know whether we could send him to STRS from north Bristol. Now in a dilemma to accept STRS or opt for 3rd option local school .

Anyone, planning to go to STRS from Bristol or any information about coaches, please let me know.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

You have not been offered a place at your third option. You should discuss any changes with the LA before declining a place at STR. You need to know the proceedure and consequences of any decisions before taking action.
loa_mom

Post by loa_mom »

mitasol wrote:You have not been offered a place at your third option. You should discuss any changes with the LA before declining a place at STR. You need to know the proceedure and consequences of any decisions before taking action.
Yes Mitasol. I have to talk to LA. But is it possible to change the preference at this stage? DD goes to local school and they have sibling preference.
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

loa_mom wrote:
Anyone planning to go to STRS from Bristol or any information about coaches, please let me know.
This current year, there’s been a bus that goes to both STRS and Pates from north Bristol (Bradley Stoke area). There’s discussions on whether there are sufficient numbers to split this into two buses, one for each school, to reduce travel time. But it’s definitely an option.
loa_mom

Post by loa_mom »

Eviewin wrote:
loa_mom wrote:
Anyone planning to go to STRS from Bristol or any information about coaches, please let me know.
This current year, there’s been a bus that goes to both STRS and Pates from north Bristol (Bradley Stoke area). There’s discussions on whether there are sufficient numbers to split this into two buses, one for each school, to reduce travel time. But it’s definitely an option.
Thank you Eviewin
curious_dad

Post by curious_dad »

Eviewin wrote:
loa_mom wrote:
Any buses to SHS you know of?
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

curious_dad wrote:
Eviewin wrote:
loa_mom wrote:
Any buses to SHS you know of?
Afraid not, curious_dad.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now