2019 Entry Allocation/Rank/Scores Only

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Totallybemused

Re: 2019 Entry Allocation/Rank/Scores Only

Post by Totallybemused »

Sorry - I should have said - the child in question is not PP
jearund

Post by jearund »

AndyM wrote:Could she have given me the 'lowest' rank rather than the highest?
It can't be that either as HappyPapaPig was allocated a place with a ranking of 229, and Michael with 437.

I think the information from GlosCC must have simply been wrong - and the suggestion that it was the original ranking from last year (when the cut off was 600) would be a viable solution. Either way, it does appear to be wrong!

Hopefully more people will post their Crypt rankings and add weight to this.
2018novice

Post by 2018novice »

Heard directly from Crypt today that they offered places to just above ranking of 800.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Thanks, Crypt emailed me last night to say he was close to the cut-off and so there's "a very good chance" he'll squeak in.
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

AndyM wrote: Hi - they've just told me Crypt admitted as high as 512 - but I noted on another post someone's child has a place ranked 767!
Sounds like someone didn't have their specs on and they read 512 instead of 812. The only other school where that number makes sense is maybe Ribston?
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

onthefence wrote:
AndyM wrote: Hi - they've just told me Crypt admitted as high as 512 - but I noted on another post someone's child has a place ranked 767!
Sounds like someone didn't have their specs on and they read 512 instead of 812. The only other school where that number makes sense is maybe Ribston?
Hi - double checked this morning and they gave me the same figure!
PersonMcPherson

Post by PersonMcPherson »

AndyM wrote:
onthefence wrote:
Hi - double checked this morning and they gave me the same figure!
Perhaps they are giving you last year’s March 1st number for Crypt. Now wondering if the 175 Pates and 293 STRS are also from last year...
Fairypig

Post by Fairypig »

Crypt 776 accepted (not sure if whooping is allowed but whoop whoop!)
Tinnyknickers

Post by Tinnyknickers »

jearund wrote:
PersonMcPherson wrote:
Hi - they've just told me Crypt admitted as high as 512 - but I noted on another post someone's child has a place ranked 767!
There have been several above 512:

dadof2boys - 638
tinnyknickers - 641
Birdbridge - 734
MonaB - 767 (although I had a note from before than MonaB was Top 150 for Marling, so this may be an exception).

Is this PP coming into play again (at a later stage for Crypt)? If any of the above can confirm there were no special circumstances, e.g PP/ Looked After etc than that would be interesting).

Last year Crypt didn't even fill all their places going down to 800 (and filled the rest on appeal from people ranking over 800), so 512 seems less likely unless Crypt is much more popular this year (e.g. with girls now it's the second year).
No special circumstances for us
jearund

Post by jearund »

Tinnyknickers wrote:
No special circumstances for us
It looks like Glos CC simply gave out the wrong number for Crypt then!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now