Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:33 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:23 pm
Posts: 64
Or I do need to wait? Desperate for a grammar place
after reconsideration. Can I call the school and or admissions before 29th March or is it pointless?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 pm
Posts: 47
I have emailed the school and asked for advice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:23 pm
Posts: 64
Are you in the same position? I'm losing sleep over this. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:23 pm
Posts: 64
I guess there is the second grammar test which could mess up all the rankings. Seems unfair to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:20 am
Posts: 479
I don't think there is any point contacting the school - they will not have the information as to who has/hasn't accepted.
The Council admissions will have this info, but I doubt very much that they will share info with anyone before the reconsideration date.
It is just going to be a torturous wait I'm afraid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:23 pm
Posts: 64
Yes I guess it is isn't it!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:20 am
Posts: 479
If it is any consolation, historically there has been quite a few movements during the reconsideration process and beyond.
People opt out of the grammar schools (for private education, realised the journey and/or cost, moving away from area etc). DS's had friends who opted out of grammars purely because their mates were going to the local comp :!:

Don't give up hope

Good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:52 am
Posts: 62
Hi

There is very little point in calling before the results of reconsideration are out.
I have complete sympathy with your position as I was in it last year - DS was 19 places away from the March 1st cut off for Marling.

I called both the school and Glos Admissions team as soon as as reconsideration was finished - he'd moved up 10 places so a fair amount of movement is possible at that stage.

We then waited another agonising month during which I gathered together and submitted appeal paperwork. I think I called once more during that month but there was no additional movement. We were offered a place from Glos on May 1st - there was a lot of pull through the system at that point because of the Crypt situation (short of 70 pupils and then re-qualified an additional 200 DC towards the end of April). Depending on which school you are wanting, there will be a drip feed pull, especially in May/June as the appeals happen, but places do become available througout the summer and even into the first term.

Just try and keep yourself busy...easier said than done
Good luck!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:23 pm
Posts: 64
Thank you. It's such a big birth year which makes it extra worrying!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 pm
Posts: 47
STRS are posting the appeal paperwork to me next week.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2020