Any point making contact before 29th March?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: Any point making contact before 29th March?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Mindthegap wrote:Thank you. It's such a big birth year which makes it extra worrying!
No, honestly, big birth year or not parents worry. But you can’t fhange anything by worrying so try and focus on something else.
Mindthegap

Post by Mindthegap »

We have heard today. She is now 25 places away when previously she was 24. Not what I was expecting. Wondering whether any point carrying on? We have the appeals paperwork but no real grounds for an appeal.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

You have nothing to lose by appealing and everything to gain. You will still remain on the waiting list but will give yourself another shot as well - it is tricky to appeal, and you will need to read the appeals section of this forum carefully, however.

There is still a chance that you will make it from the waiting list but no guarantees - if you choose to appeal at least you know you didn't leave any stone unturned but you need to be getting your daughter prepared for the school she has been offered too - if I were you, I would probably register that I planned to appeal (and not tell my daughter), focus on the school allocated and not mention the waiting list either - that way if she gets a spot it's a happy bonus but she is ready to take the school allocated (in case nothing happens).
Mindthegap

Post by Mindthegap »

Thanks very much. The issue is she doesn't want to go any other school only Ribston. I've been trying to get herventhusiastic about the comp but she's adamant she's not going there. It's really difficult. If she was happy with the comp then I wouldn't even go for an appeal.