Gloucestershire Statistics

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I see that 900 parents have asked GCC for a reconsideration of their childs' allocated school this year
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk
Sounds an awful lot out of approx 7500 applications.GCC have already said that 81.4% got their first choice,so I make that about 6100 with approx 1400 getting another school.

Certainly makes you count your blessings-good luck to anybody awaiting a letter after the 31st.

GM
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

...and give yourself a pat on the back for excellent numeracy skills!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

That dragon who taught me A level Maths would be proud ha!!
TPO

Re: Statistics/Facts

Post by TPO »

fuzzyduck wrote:
We got a letter from High School saying that my daughter did very well in one of the papers but narrowly missed 105 on the other. As it happens, she got more on the supposedly harder second paper. They strongly suggested we should appeal.
Hi i'm new to this site and have posted the exact same thing elsewhere, same story with my DD's marks and letter from The High School.

If you appeal when will they let you know if you have been successful in getting a place? We have accepted a place at Ribston Hall just incase as to not end up with nothing.
tpo x
capers123

Re: Statistics/Facts

Post by capers123 »

TPO wrote: If you appeal when will they let you know if you have been successful in getting a place? We have accepted a place at Ribston Hall just incase as to not end up with nothing.
tpo x
The panel will decide probably on the final day of the appeals (unless it's rather late in the day, in which case the following day). Allow for typing, getting into the post, 2nd class post and a tardy post-person. I've known it take a week, but hopefully quicker.
Capers
TPO

Post by TPO »

Thanks Capers!

tpo x
sem

Post by sem »

TPO when do you have your appeal?

They have told us that we won't know the outcome until July 9th :(

Good luck for your appeal.

sem
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now