Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:14 pm 

Dear all,
With my DS about to sit the 11+, we are exploring the potential move to Gloucester in case he does get into a GS. We've been looking at houses and schools in the Brockworth/Hucclecote area especially in terms of state primaries for the other DS who will be in Y4 in 2020. In particular, Coopers Edge seems to be a nice area with a lot of new builds for sale (and convenient for our work commute), but I haven't been able to find out much information about the primary school. It seems to be new and vibrant, and the Ofsted rating is good, but it looks like it's at the very bottom of all league tables in terms of pupil attainment which is a bit of a worry. Does anyone have any first-hand info/ impressions about this school? Or alternatives in the same area you would recommend?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:34 am 

My children are both at Coopers Edge and have been doing well. I think around 5 out of 30 children got into grammar school this year. I think this year's results are an improvement on last year and I have no issue with my children, both have been at GD throughout.

Other good schools nearby you could consider are Birdlip, Upton st Leonard's, Dinglewell, Shurdington, Heron and Abbeymead. Not sure which would have places to get in though as most are oversubscribed.

The estate itself has a really nice community feel, but there isn't a great bus link for grammar schools as none of the buses currently go through the estate.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:20 am 

I live in Hucclecote and it’s a lovely area to live in with a good bus service. The 2 primary schools are Dinglewell and Hillview both good schools according to Ofsted. Dinglewell is larger and has traditionally had quite a few children going onto the grammars, Hillview is a smaller school but still gets some children progressing into the grammar schools.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:46 pm 

Thank you both, that is very helpful!