Thank goodness that's over!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jearund

Thank goodness that's over!

Post by jearund »

DS came out of the test feeling happy and very relieved that it's all over! He said he feels like a weight has been lifted from his shoulders and the pressure he was under has now gone. He thinks it went well - no details on what it was like and we didn't want to push him but if he feels he did his best then I'm happy - that's all anyone can do. Now we have the countdown until results day so the tension isn't quite over yet but at least the die is cast! How are everyone else's children feeling?
Brackenboo

Re: Thank goodness that's over!

Post by Brackenboo »

My DD came out feeling positive, she gushed out a lot of info but now can't really remember it. She answered all the questions with a couple of guesses so feel she has a chance :D
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

Same, my daughter was quite happy, and she didn't run out of time in the maths like she had been in her practice tests.
Superflygirl

Post by Superflygirl »

My son came out happy too. Said he felt it was easier than the tests he’s completed at home ;-). Fingers crossed and good luck all
jearund

Post by jearund »

Brackenboo that is promising. Fingers crossed! Phoenix-Mum, I remember maths timings were an issue so that's really good. I have no idea how DS found the timings. I wanted to ask but didn't want to worry him by making him dissect it all. But if he thinks he did well, then he's unlikely to have crashed and burned so hopefully he'll get a place at one of the schools even if not his first choice.
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

jearund wrote:Brackenboo that is promising. Fingers crossed! Phoenix-Mum, I remember maths timings were an issue so that's really good. I have no idea how DS found the timings. I wanted to ask but didn't want to worry him by making him dissect it all. But if he thinks he did well, then he's unlikely to have crashed and burned so hopefully he'll get a place at one of the schools even if not his first choice.
Yes, I avoided asking but she said Mum, in the maths I even had time to go back over and check, I was shocked!

She did mention that there was some very loud 'Carnival music' playing at one point, she said it was for 20 minutes edited by a moderator and that they shut all the windows but could still hear it.
She said it started off as carnival music then changed to Olly Murs!
She's only mentioned it this afternoon however.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

I just asked my DD and age said there was loud music but they didn't shut the windows. She said that she found it easier than the practice papers. I guess the difficulty is if everyone did the % needed will be high
Bambi 175

Post by Bambi 175 »

My DC said it was easy and the rest of the group seemed to give the same feedback. There was another child who my DC said hadn't been tutored at all who also found it easy. Not sure what happens to the results if the exam was generally of an easier level.
Mamaofthree

Post by Mamaofthree »

My DS said he found it easier than he expected but if everyone has found it quite easy then I guess that just means they will need to score higher marks than usual to secure a place?
reach4thesky

Post by reach4thesky »

My DD said that nvr was tricky. Edited by moderator Couple of her friends gave similar feedback. She had to guess last few nvr questions she said. Ah well we will have to just wait until the results come...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now