Anyone here yet for 2021 entry?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dodie102

Re: Anyone here yet for 2021 entry?!

Post by dodie102 »

Polgara_Glos wrote:
dodie102 wrote: To make matters even worse someone texted their daughter the results on the day! Luckily my child was oblivious. :lol:
That made me swear out loud. WHY would you do that?
My exact reaction at the time. What a twonk.
Yellowhammer

Post by Yellowhammer »

Polgara_Glos wrote:Similar, I've asked them not to ask anyone nor tell anyone unless they ask them directly. Then go with something like 'I don't know exactly, mum and dad said they are proud and we will get schools confirmed in March' which would work if it's not good news as they only have the one night to process it.
That is such wise advice! After all, the majority of children that do get a place at one of the grammar schools (and even at their first-choice school) will not be in PAN, since there is so much sharing of results.

Tomorrow will give us clarity about whether our children qualified for any of the schools, or none, but it will not mean they have been allocated a place!

No-one who is outside PAN will have certainty of a place until March, though many children outside PAN will get places at one of the schools (with Pates being the only exception - I suspect it will still have only a very small number of places left for children outside top-150, as in previous years).

After tomorrow, qualify or otherwise, the majority of us will be in the same place we would have been in other years, when the CAF was completed once the results are known.

We will mostly still have no certainty over the school in which they will actually get allocated a place, or even whether or not it will be a grammar school.

Every year (except the one where Crypt really messed up!), more children qualify for every school than finally get offered a place in March, and there is no reason to expect this year will be different. We cannot even be certain that patterns from previous years of how low down the raking individual schools had to go to fill their places will be replicated this year.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Do we know if results will come in before 2pm or only after?
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

Polgara_Glos wrote:Do we know if results will come in before 2pm or only after?
Information says from 2pm, so I imagine they’ll all follow that - but I dare say I’ll be checking my emails before then regardless!
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

Feeling super nervous here, just glad we are finally less than 24 hours away! It’s felt so long this wait.
I would love the results earlier tomorrow, but I’m very doubtful they will come in before 2pm especially as they have stated a time.
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

Looking back to emails we received two years ago, we received Marling first, a bit early at 1pm and it went into my junk mail folder. Good Luck to everyone tomorrow. It is going to be a long day!
Bells

Post by Bells »

Last year we had all emails between 10:06 and 11:33 am.
I don't think it will happen before 2 pm tomorrow but will be checking anyway.
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

I’m not sure if they usually specify a time, can’t find anything on emails from last time around.

Good luck all - just by persevering through this process your children have shown resilience and a solid work ethic and those are qualities to be celebrated regardless of outcome.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Not long now...all the best to you all. I'll be checking emails and the forum basically all day tomorrow!
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

FAQ from Crypt about tomorrow https://www.cryptschool.org/userfiles/c ... 20Next.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hmm they say over 2000 then they say 1950 shared?