Anyone here yet for 2021 entry?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
starcrazy

Re: Anyone here yet for 2021 entry?!

Post by starcrazy »

I emailed Pate’s late last week, who confirmed the medical test had gone ahead as planned (but not how many sat this late test) and that results would be ‘by the end of November.’

Interesting that Birmingham sat CEM on 12th Sept and published results on 12th October. Any processing of results done by individual schools to determine ranks should take minimal time, assuming they already have the algorithm in place; it’s not that complicated, from a coding perspective.
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

An update just popped up on the STRS Facebook page. Results on Tuesday 1st December.
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

Alert, alert - the date of the results is confirmed on the Tommies site as Tues 1st December. Emails will be sent from 2pm.
Last edited by Eviewin on Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

Cross post! :lol:
Leahdon

Post by Leahdon »

Just spotted that on both Crypt and Ribston, the update completes with a reference to the numbers applying to each school:

Crypt: Mrs Wales will respond to your email, please be patient, she will be dealing with over 1000 emails.

Ribston: Mrs Murphy will respond to your email within 48 hours, please be patient, she will be dealing with nearly 1000 emails.

So what have the other schools said with regards the number of emails?
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

Pate’s also say over 1000, can’t find the same kind of information for Tommies or Marling.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

The message from the schools were identical with a 'above/below' or the 1000 completely removed so I wouldn't read anything into it. Also so many just share with all, but as we've submitted CAFs it may very well throw the rankings out anyway.

*watches clock for next 17 days*
TheUpsideDown

Post by TheUpsideDown »

Polgara_Glos wrote:The message from the schools were identical with a 'above/below' or the 1000 completely removed so I wouldn't read anything into it. Also so many just share with all, but as we've submitted CAFs it may very well throw the rankings out anyway.

*watches clock for next 17 days*
I agree - I think it's just a cursory number picked out of the air to communicate how busy they are!

I've been trying to get my head around how the rankings will differ from normal years. Would they actually be quite similar to normal, but we can't read as much in to them?
I'm thinking that as:
a) some local people who thought they may as well list a higher ranking grammar as they've got nothing to lose (I'm in that catergory!)
and
b) some 'out of county' people may have chosen not to share with higher ranking grammars as they have a restricted number of entries on their CAFs (so may not have wanted to take the risk).
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Hurrah! I'm glad to have a definite date. Will save an advent calendar for the evening for DD to celebrate or commiserate as required.
Legofan

Post by Legofan »

TheUpsideDown wrote: I agree - I think it's just a cursory number picked out of the air to communicate how busy they are!

I've been trying to get my head around how the rankings will differ from normal years. Would they actually be quite similar to normal, but we can't read as much in to them?
I'm thinking that as:
a) some local people who thought they may as well list a higher ranking grammar as they've got nothing to lose (I'm in that catergory!)
and
b) some 'out of county' people may have chosen not to share with higher ranking grammars as they have a restricted number of entries on their CAFs (so may not have wanted to take the risk).
The numbers seem similar to normal and I expect the rankings will be the same as people entered for the test before they choose to delay it.

The interesting time will come on national allocation day (anxious or nervous for those who have taken the test this year)