Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
proud123

Re: Results

Post by proud123 »

My DD ranked in top 150 for Denmark Road. Is there a way to find out exact ranking?
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

proud123 wrote:My DD ranked in top 150 for Denmark Road. Is there a way to find out exact ranking?
For what reason?
proud123

Post by proud123 »

Phoenix-Mum wrote:
proud123 wrote:My DD ranked in top 150 for Denmark Road. Is there a way to find out exact ranking?
For what reason?
To understand whether she was close to the buffer and may struggle once there.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

proud123 wrote:
Phoenix-Mum wrote:
For what reason?
Honestly best not to know - they don't tell for very good reasons. If she is top 150, she will be fine
cheltdad

Post by cheltdad »

proud123 wrote:
Phoenix-Mum wrote:
For what reason?
Congrats to your DD.

Don't forget that "Top 150" includes a lot of other DDs who have shared results with the other girls' schools, Pates and probably Crypt - and various of them will go to those instead.

So even if your DD was at 150th place at the moment (and she's already probably higher than that), she'd essentially be better than that by the time the final entry is complete (hence why they "qualify" a lot further down than 150), and hence she'd probably be well above whoever is then in the 150th place - hence she'll be fine.

Hope that helps.
cazien

Post by cazien »

proud123 wrote:
Phoenix-Mum wrote:
For what reason?
If your DD has the right work ethic and commitment to her education she should be fine. Support should be provided at all schools if anyone has difficulties.

If it's any reassurance, my DS did not pass the 11+ but was offered a place at Crypt which he attended for 7 years. He achieved top grades in all his GCSE and A-levels and is now at Cambridge Uni :D .