SHS_Admisions_2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tom77

SHS_Admisions_2020

Post by Tom77 »

Any one got idea what was the lowest rank offered in SHS in March 2019 first allocation and what was the lowest rank offered with waiting list
jearund

Re: SHS_Admisions_2020

Post by jearund »

I have looked at the spreadsheet I made last year when we were all trying to make sense of the results following an admin error from Crypt. I have 436 as the lowest rank admitted to SHS, which was apparently the figure someone got directly from Glos County Council when they called them.

Happy to be corrected if anyone knows different. We didn't have a child taking the test last year. But I do remember from the year before, the SHS email said that pretty much any child who qualified for the school had historically got a place if they wanted one, and of course there are more places for girls now that Crypt is co-ed.

Separately, I saw your reply to my post about Tommies/Crypt, which was really helpful as my heart is saying Crypt for DS but everyone is recommending Tommies! I wonder if you could expand on your comments about the great facilities - I have visited too (a year ago) but I am interested in what you meant when you said these were better than the other GSs. Thanks (feel free to PM me or reply on the other thread).
Tom77

Re: SHS_Admisions_2020

Post by Tom77 »

Hi Jearund, Crypt is coming up with one or two new buildings, giving more exposure to technology, and got plenty of space compared to other GSs the head is very dynamic and very keen on increasing girls intake. Some of my friends DD & DS started there last year & this year and all are very proud of their choice