Advice please!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loobylou

Re: Advice please!

Post by loobylou »

icantthinkofagoodone wrote:Do please check the admissions policy for St Peters. Some schools in Glos (Severn Vale) have the sibling link much further down the order - therefore offering to local children before siblings.
But it still won't make a difference if it's second in the CAF. The chance of getting a place there is still the same as if it's first (if no place at Ribston).
cazien

Post by cazien »

loobylou wrote:
icantthinkofagoodone wrote:Do please check the admissions policy for St Peters. Some schools in Glos (Severn Vale) have the sibling link much further down the order - therefore offering to local children before siblings.
But it still won't make a difference if it's second in the CAF. The chance of getting a place there is still the same as if it's first (if no place at Ribston).
And please remember to put a 3rd and even 4th option - or you will be allocated "any" school, should she not be successful (highly unlikely I know, but better to have a school she wants to attend).
Newbie2

Post by Newbie2 »

Thanks for all the advice, really appreciated - you guys have clarified a lot of things for me!
Newbie2

Post by Newbie2 »

Also does anyone know how many people end up on waiting lists for Ribston in March? And how many of these go on to get places during y7? I’m sure this info is on the forum somewhere but can’t seem to find it!
Gramds

Post by Gramds »

Newbie2 wrote:Also does anyone know how many people end up on waiting lists for Ribston in March? And how many of these go on to get places during y7? I’m sure this info is on the forum somewhere but can’t seem to find it!
Here is the thread: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 16&t=59171" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Griff1

Post by Griff1 »

St Peters have their own ranking system as a Catholic school. I believe there are 9 levels of ranking & as they had over 700 applicants last year they only got part way through their level 6 ranking. If you are Catholic, your child will get in but I understand sibling option is lower. Please look at their ranking system before you assume sibling or proximity is a strong indicator (I only have one child & they wouldn’t have got sports proficiency, so I didn’t look at where they came in rankings)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now