Latest tables!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cazien

Latest tables!

Post by cazien »

Best 10 performing Gloucestershire state schools for 2019 GCSEs, ranked by Attainment 8 score

School name; Attainment 8 score; Progress 8 score; per cent of pupils achieving strong passes in England and Maths

Pate's Grammar School: 81.2, 0.79, 99.20 per cent
Denmark Road High School: 75.9, 0.9, 95.40 per cent
Stroud High School: 75.7, 0.91, 95.30 per cent
Sir Thomas Rich's School: 74.8, 0.69, 98.40 per cent
The Crypt School: 69.2, 0.67, 90.60 per cent
Marling School: 69.2, 0.42, 94.30 per cent
Ribston Hall High School: 66.1, 0.41, 83.20 per cent
Balcarras School: 60.9, 0.83, 70.10 per cent
The Cotswold Academy: 56.6, 0.36, 62.20 per cent
Katharine Lady Berkeley's School: 54.8, 0.15, 59.60 per cent
Twintwinmum

Re: Latest tables!

Post by Twintwinmum »

Thanks a lot! Meaningful numbers.
jearund

Post by jearund »

Ribston is quite a bit lower than some of the others. I wonder how much of it is because it has the lowest qualifying standard so fewer of the highest fliers, compared to Denmark Road for example? I do wonder how much you can tell from exam results when the cohorts taking them are so different?
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

Yes, one or 2 low performers (for whatever reason) can drag the numbers down drastically.
If for any reason a pupil takes less than 8 GCSEs they are given a Grade 0 for each one missed.

I know of a grammar who persuaded a pupil (who was likely to score low at gcse due to personal problems during Y10/11) not to take their GCSEs at their school, but to register at another (comprehensive) if they wanted to take a few they were able to.
I guess at some schools their ranking/numbers etc take priority.....

Numbers don't often tell you the whole story
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Hi

Re the question on different cohorts - isn't that part of the purpose of Progress 8? To show how much the pupils they have taken in have progressed from primary school to the end of GCSEs? Essentially the value added by the school? I'm not a teacher so please correct if I've got that wrong!
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

Yes, but the starting data is limited.
These children would have taken the old style of SATs where I expect all of those at grammer would have come out with a level 5, whether they were the top ranking 11+ pupil for Pates or the last admitted girl to Ribston. So their starting points were the same, however their abilities may be far more different than the SATs suggest.
Now that the newer SATs give a range of 80-120, more accurate predictions may be able to be made.
chumba

Post by chumba »

Do children who start secondary school from private school have SATS results? I thought they didn't do them? How would their progress be measured? Do secondary schools do their own assessments in year 7 for these purposes?

Sorry, lots of questions, but there are lots of knowledgeable people on here who seem to know these things and I don't need to know, just like to!
Ginger40

Post by Ginger40 »

My daughter sat a CAT during the first term in year 7, which I understand happens at most secondary schools. From this mark along with SATs results from primary school and other base line assessments they predict your child’s potential, and what grades they are capable of achieving at GCSE. My daughter.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

chumba wrote:Do children who start secondary school from private school have SATS results? I thought they didn't do them? How would their progress be measured? Do secondary schools do their own assessments in year 7 for these purposes?

Sorry, lots of questions, but there are lots of knowledgeable people on here who seem to know these things and I don't need to know, just like to!
Some do some don't

DD was at a prep school and she did Y6 SATS, DS at a state primary did SATS (obviously) and also did CATs in the first term of Y7.