Ribston or Cleeve

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KKK

Re: Ribston or Cleeve

Post by KKK »

thisisall2much wrote:My daughter and I are quite torn between Cleeve which is a 20 minute walk from home and Ribston which would mean a 07:15 bus each morning. The travel is probably not a huge problem. The new head at Cleeve has done amazing things and I've heard nothing but positive things from parents who have children at the school at the moment. They have a huge subject offering, small class sizes, infinite numbers of sport, music and science clubs and great teachers. I can't help wondering if she'll do better there than at Ribston which is smaller and has a smaller offering in terms of both subjects and extra-curricular activities. Also, it's kind of at the bottom of the heap when it comes to the grammar schools. Cleeve is a huge school but that doesn't put us off one bit as it's so well-run with dedicated heads of colleges (dedicated in the sense that they don't teach) and only two year seven classes per college. I'd love to hear some opinions.
Hi so what did you decide? It sounded like from your original post that you were swaying to sending your daughter to Cleeve.

(I'll refrain from responding to the rather pathetic comments about my handle name, why I'm on this forum and how I know nothing...oh dear).
jearund

Post by jearund »

KKK wrote:
thisisall2much wrote:My daughter and I are quite torn between Cleeve which is a 20 minute walk from home and Ribston which would mean a 07:15 bus each morning. The travel is probably not a huge problem. The new head at Cleeve has done amazing things and I've heard nothing but positive things from parents who have children at the school at the moment. They have a huge subject offering, small class sizes, infinite numbers of sport, music and science clubs and great teachers. I can't help wondering if she'll do better there than at Ribston which is smaller and has a smaller offering in terms of both subjects and extra-curricular activities. Also, it's kind of at the bottom of the heap when it comes to the grammar schools. Cleeve is a huge school but that doesn't put us off one bit as it's so well-run with dedicated heads of colleges (dedicated in the sense that they don't teach) and only two year seven classes per college. I'd love to hear some opinions.
Hi so what did you decide? It sounded like from your original post that you were swaying to sending your daughter to Cleeve.

(I'll refrain from responding to the rather pathetic comments about my handle name, why I'm on this forum and how I know nothing...oh dear).
KKK,

You can't blame us for wondering why you would pick such a controversial handle!
I have 2 theories:
1) it's related to your name, the fact it stands for what it stands for is pure coincidence and you didn't think of that when you chose it. Or:
2) You love to provoke and stir up controversy so you picked it on purpose! You're not really a white supremacist, you just enjoy the reactions.
I'm not going to insult you by suggesting the third alternative.
I'm going for 2 because you've made it clear in some of your posts that you know you are being very controversial. And you enjoy keeping us all 'entertained'. I think you know exactly what you are doing in these posts and enjoy the anonymity of the internet to have a bit of fun stirring people up.
Am I close?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Oh dear - not getting the reaction you wanted KKK?! I said you were possibly misinformed in your original supposition and that actually I agreed with some of the points you made in your further submission - not that you know nothing...as for why you are on this forum, I think jearund has hit the nail on the head - whether it is deliberate and intentional or just your style, who knows?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I have locked this thread as it breaches forum rule 1

Forum Rules

1. Name calling, insults and “flaming” (provocative or hostile posting) are not permitted. Threads that descend into a flame war may be locked or removed temporarily or permanently from the Forum.