Allocations for Sept2020 Y7 intake

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pam12r

Allocations for Sept2020 Y7 intake

Post by Pam12r »

Looking for some help here:

Trying to understand if my DS will get a place in Grammar school in Mar2020 for the CAF we submitted in Oct2019.

My son has following scores :

STR :292
Crypt: 733
Marling : 357

and in the CAF we put:
Crypt -1st choice
STR- 2nd choice
Marling- 3rd choice
Local comp -4th choice

We didnt put STR as first choice only since, DS wanted to go to a co-ed.

Do we have a chance to get in Crypt based on above scores please?
ToadMum

Re: Allocations for Sept2020 Y7 intake

Post by ToadMum »

Pam12r wrote:Looking for some help here:

Trying to understand if my DS will get a place in Grammar school in Mar2020 for the CAF we submitted in Oct2019.

My son has following scores :

STR :292
Crypt: 733
Marling : 357

and in the CAF we put:
Crypt -1st choice
STR- 2nd choice
Marling- 3rd choice
Local comp -4th choice

We didnt put STR as first choice only since, DS wanted to go to a co-ed.

Do we have a chance to get in Crypt based on above scores please?
I'm sure that if you have a look at posts from March / April last year, there will be some indicating how far down their original rankings (and these are rankings, not scores, I believe?) each school went on national allocations day and after reconsideration?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
jearund

Post by jearund »

Hi Pam12r. I can remember off the top of my head that Crypt allocated to just over 800 (poss 810 but I'd have to check) on 1 March 2019. So yes, he does have a fair chance of getting a place there.
jearund

Post by jearund »

I was puzzling over the big difference between your STR and Crypt and Marling scores (even allowing for the fact that Crypt is co-ed) then I spotted that you said in another thread (re appealing to STR) on 14 October that he was 412 for STR (which makes more sense). However, that wasn't a qualifying score, so he won't get a place there. According to another thread Marling offered to the 340s last year. Crypt did offer to 810, as I thought. So Crypt is your best bet, and hopefully he will get a place there on Allocation Day. Even if he doesn't, he has a good chance after reconsideration, appeals etc. Good luck!
JayC

Post by JayC »

I agree also this did puzzle me. As from what others have said on this forum apart from Pates all the others do straight average. So I was expecting to see Marlings rank lower than STRS but in your original post it was the other way round. But looks like the previous reply had clarified that there was an error with what was typed in.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

We've put Crypt as first choice, just finding the wait so frustrating as am impatient. Like others have said it looks like you have a good chance with Crypt. I think from memory you are coming from Bristol so wanted to mention that one of the girls who took us around was from Bristol and caught a coach each day.