Waiting lists and appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

llenor

Waiting lists and appeals

Post by llenor »

Hello, was wondering how could I find out which number is dc on a waiting list and what was dc's results?

DD set the late exam and ranked at the top 150 for Pates. However, she did not get in. I am now thinking about appealing and just wonder what are the chances of her getting in at all? Based on what I read, it seems like a complicated process, does it worth the trouble??

Thank you
Lizzie

Re: Waiting lists and appeals

Post by Lizzie »

IIenor,

Have you asked Pates if they could give you her actual rank number?

GCC can give you her position on the Waiting Lists for any schools you shared with, I would think there's a good chance she'd be top of all the Waiting lists.

I haven't done an appeal so can't speak from experience but I think you'd have a good chance at appeal since she would have got a place in the first round. If she really wants Pates I'd give it a go because she's done the hard work of taking the test and ended up with such a high rank, top 150 is really impressive.

I also wouldn't give up hope of there being further movement. Pate's might be able to tell you, based on previous years, what the chances might be.
llenor

Post by llenor »

Lizzie wrote:IIenor,

Have you asked Pates if they could give you her actual rank number?

GCC can give you her position on the Waiting Lists for any schools you shared with, I would think there's a good chance she'd be top of all the Waiting lists.

I haven't done an appeal so can't speak from experience but I think you'd have a good chance at appeal since she would have got a place in the first round. If she really wants Pates I'd give it a go because she's done the hard work of taking the test and ended up with such a high rank, top 150 is really impressive.

I also wouldn't give up hope of there being further movement. Pate's might be able to tell you, based on previous years, what the chances might be.

Thank you Lizzie
With all this coronoa business going on I really have no idea how this is going to be managed. Will call Pates and GCC on Monday and then I might have a better ideaon where we stand.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

This is really not the time to be calling the schools and LAs about waiting lists. Please allow them to deal with essential services at this time. I doubt anyone is working on updating the waiting list until this situation is under control.

https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/educ ... n-appeals/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

I emailed the schools we shared with and the School Admissions team at GCC and they all replied super fast and they all told me not to hesitate to contact them again if I had further questions.

Edited
I should add that my enquires were as to place on Waiting Lists and for an Appeal Pack. As per my post on another thred School Admissions were able to give Waiting List positions but, completely understandably, are not making further allocations at the moment.

"However, due to the restrictions/limitations we are now working under due to Covid-19, it has been necessary for us to postpone future allocations for the time-being. We expect to eventually gain full access to enable us to continue providing a full service and therefore hope to re-commence allocating/sending outcomes as soon as possible.

Members of the Co-ordinated Admissions Team are currently working remotely, so will still be available to respond to queries via email. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns."
llenor

Post by llenor »

Lizzie wrote:I emailed the schools we shared with and the School Admissions team at GCC and they all replied super fast and they all told me not to hesitate to contact them again if I had further questions.

Edited
I should add that my enquires were as to place on Waiting Lists and for an Appeal Pack. As per my post on another thred School Admissions were able to give Waiting List positions but, completely understandably, are not making further allocations at the moment.

"However, due to the restrictions/limitations we are now working under due to Covid-19, it has been necessary for us to postpone future allocations for the time-being. We expect to eventually gain full access to enable us to continue providing a full service and therefore hope to re-commence allocating/sending outcomes as soon as possible.

Members of the Co-ordinated Admissions Team are currently working remotely, so will still be available to respond to queries via email. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns."

Lizzie I have pm'd you
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

llenor,

I didn't get your PM but I've sent you one :)
Smilez

Post by Smilez »

Please comment below if your daughter was on the waiting list for Ribston and you are going to take her off the list because your appeal was successful at another school.

I am trying to work out my daughters waiting list number.
Thanx
Beazers

Post by Beazers »

There is starting to be a fair bit of movement on the Ribston waiting list! My Dd has moved up seven places the past 3 week, she is now 5th. If she hasn't been offered a place by the 1st August, we will remove her from the list.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Beazers wrote:There is starting to be a fair bit of movement on the Ribston waiting list! My Dd has moved up seven places the past 3 week, she is now 5th. If she hasn't been offered a place by the 1st August, we will remove her from the list.
Of course it is your prerogative to remove your DD from the waiting list, but if anyone really prefers a school they haven't been allocated, please remember a lot of movement happens from now until Christmas. When my DD started Ribston a few years ago, a couple of girls just didn't turn up on the first day. Ribston knew nothing about them actually having successful appeals at other schools because parents didn't inform Ribston. Alongside that, a couple of girls left in the first few months (parents moving OOA, being offered another school etc) and Ribston contact next person on the waiting list to fill the gap. All schools want 'bums on seats' rather than empty chairs.

It goes without saying this does cause the disruption of having to move schools - transport, new uniform etc. and DD having to 'start' school again.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now