School Allocation Results March 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Milly

School Allocation Results March 2020

Post by Milly »

Anyone else received a letter ? Just got ours, ranked 383 at SHS but no offer. Just wondering how far down the ranks offers have been made ? Wondering if it’s worth going on the waiting list.
Edited: just checked and I asked to be notified by email yet I received the letter dated 2nd March this morning.
Mamaofthree

Re: Admissions letter today

Post by Mamaofthree »

We had a letter too and didn’t get crypt but I expected that as had a low qualifying score. I would also be interested to know how far down they offered.
Milly

Post by Milly »

Mamaofthree wrote:We had a letter too and didn’t get crypt but I expected that as had a low qualifying score. I would also be interested to know how far down they offered.
I agree, it would be great to know how far down offers are going for all schools. Wondering if anyone else has got letters rather than the requested email. Interestingly the online admissions still shows ‘submitted’ with no update on offers. All a bit odd.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

all a bit strange - just wondering if it is second class post and they expected them to arrive Monday?
Milly

Post by Milly »

hermanmunster wrote:all a bit strange - just wondering if it is second class post and they expected them to arrive Monday?
Maybe ! I’ve just checked and definitely chose email so a bit baffled. Just checked with a friend and she hasn’t received anything by post.
jearund

Post by jearund »

Milly wrote:Anyone else received a letter ? Just got ours, ranked 383 at SHS but no offer. Just wondering how far down the ranks offers have been made ? Wondering if it’s worth going on the waiting list..
Milly, I can't help with how far they've gone down this year (although that will become clearer as more people post results) but my spreadsheet tracking rankings posted in October and associated info says they went down to 375 in 2017 and 436 in 2018 (the 2018 figure was apparently from GCC so may be after appeals etc therefore is not so helpful). Also remember there are more places for girls now than in 2017 as Ribston increased their PAN by 30 last year. So I would definitely go on the waiting list. She's probably pretty close and you may get lucky in Reconsideration (the second round of allocations after everyone accepts or rejects their original offer.) In the meantime, accept the offer you have so that she doesn't end up without a school place at all.
Milly

Post by Milly »

jearund wrote:
Milly wrote:Anyone else received a letter ? Just got ours, ranked 383 at SHS but no offer. Just wondering how far down the ranks offers have been made ? Wondering if it’s worth going on the waiting list..
Milly, I can't help with how far they've gone down this year (although that will become clearer as more people post results) but my spreadsheet tracking rankings posted in October and associated info says they went down to 375 in 2017 and 436 in 2018 (the 2018 figure was apparently from GCC so may be after appeals etc therefore is not so helpful). Also remember there are more places for girls now than in 2017 as Ribston increased their PAN by 30 last year. So I would definitely go on the waiting list. She's probably pretty close and you may get lucky in Reconsideration (the second round of allocations after everyone accepts or rejects their original offer.) In the meantime, accept the offer you have so that she doesn't end up without a school place at all.
Thank you ! That’s great advice and really helpful to know where they’ve taken down to/up to in previous years.
jearund

Post by jearund »

You're welcome! That's why I've been keeping records. Our DD was in the 2017 group and I watched the results last year too, to get a better feel for rankings etc. This year it's DS and he should be fine as he was in the Top 150 for his first choice (STR) but I'm still anxious until I see it in black and white, and slightly envious you got yours today (but sorry it's not yet the news you want). We haven't had any post at all today and like you, we asked for the result by email anyway. I think I remember this happening before where a few people unexpectedly got them by post, I assume it's down to an admin error.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Around half of my Dd's class seemed to get letters today, but we haven't...
Milly

Post by Milly »

Brackenboo wrote:Around half of my Dd's class seemed to get letters today, but we haven't...
It does seem a muddle, little point in strict timings online if they are so haphazard with the letters
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now