Entrance Exam Registration for 2021 intake

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

monkeypops

Entrance Exam Registration for 2021 intake

Post by monkeypops »

Well here we go again! Has anyone been able to register yet for the test in September?
Naryu

Re: Entrance Exam Registration for 2021 intake

Post by Naryu »

Can you help a clueless mum? I assumed that we would enter our daughter for the test via the county council website. I’ve just been on and seen that you have to do this via the school instead. As we haven’t been able to have the planned visits we’re not sure which school we would prefer.

Do we register with every school that is a possibility? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick completely?
icantthinkofagoodone

Post by icantthinkofagoodone »

https://www.g7.entrancetest.org.uk/index.html

This is the link for all Glos Grammars.
BusyandConfused!

Post by BusyandConfused! »

Naryu wrote:Can you help a clueless mum? I assumed that we would enter our daughter for the test via the county council website. I’ve just been on and seen that you have to do this via the school instead. As we haven’t been able to have the planned visits we’re not sure which school we would prefer.

Do we register with every school that is a possibility? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick completely?

You register through the school that you want your child to sit the exam at. That has no bearing on which school you may ultimately want to go to. You have to select which schools you want to share results with - This is important - if you do not select a school now then they will not consider you for a place when the results are out. It does not commit you to anything, and you are not expressing a preference of one over the other.

I selected all possible schools at this stage. Just means you'll get lots of results emails. You then make your selection at the end of October, based on the results and offers.

Hope that makes sense!
cheltdad

Post by cheltdad »

BusyandConfused! wrote:
Naryu wrote:Can you help a clueless mum? I assumed that we would enter our daughter for the test via the county council website. I’ve just been on and seen that you have to do this via the school instead. As we haven’t been able to have the planned visits we’re not sure which school we would prefer.

You register through the school that you want your child to sit the exam at. That has no bearing on which school you may ultimately want to go to. You have to select which schools you want to share results with - This is important - if you do not select a school now then they will not consider you for a place when the results are out. It does not commit you to anything, and you are not expressing a preference of one over the other.

I selected all possible schools at this stage. Just means you'll get lots of results emails. You then make your selection at the end of October, based on the results and offers.

Hope that makes sense!
Critically: When you fill the form in don't forget to "share" with the school where you want to take the test - just because you take the test somewhere doesn't automatically put them on the list to be given the results.

Good Luck!
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

All done and dusted here. Good luck to all, and thanks for the advice, Cheltdad. I'd done it correctly, but really good to check for that, as I can see that would be an easy mistake to make!
Just got to try and get some study done now :?
Naryu

Post by Naryu »

Thank you so much for the helpful advice, all submitted now!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now