Anyone celebrating?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stressed?Moi?

Anyone celebrating?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Just wondering if any of the Gloucestershire grammars are having any sort of gcse pick-up event?

I’ve been so disappointed that there is nothing at my DC’s school and the culmination of all those years of work is Click on a Link.

They’ve missed the end of their school under-16 education; no pranks or goodbyes. Nothing. They just have to wait for results others deem they are worth and haven’t been able to prove themselves and then relax and kick back for the summer. All gone. I feel so sorry for them. With one way systems and parent helpers, surely the schools could pull out all the stops? After all, most people I know remember their school leaving many years later. It’s a major milestone in one’s life.

Us adults have a responsibility to make things as normal as possible for our kids.

It’s all just so sad.
scary mum

Re: Anyone celebrating?

Post by scary mum »

Presumably it's due to social distancing guidelines? They can't be seen to have a load of hugging teenagers in the local papers. It's tough for them, but it's also tough for the A level students, the recent graduates (I have one of these, his 3rd year was practically non existent due to strikes & Covid-19). My other son lost a large chunk of his first year my DD has lost her grafuate job. It's rubbish for all the youngsters & I feel for them, but it is what it is & we just have to help them through it.
scary mum
hermanmunster

Re: Anyone celebrating?

Post by hermanmunster »

it is tough for them all at all stages, from confused nursery children to postgrads. Suppose all we say : adversity , it can break you or make you if you let it, the choice is yours