Order of schools on CAF form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Polgara_Glos

Re: Order of schools on CAF form

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I’m feeling very sorry for those parents who didn’t understand, to be fair to the LA, they were clear on the guidance and letter sent home the process.

I am just hoping there is actually little tactical ranks and March allocation ranking are the same as previous years. We still really want our first choice and need rankings not to change by more than 80 on previous years!

March will be interesting.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Just saw that someone posted on the Crypt Facebook page that as they didn't include a school in their CAF form that there option is to submit a late application. I imagine this would be very risky though as there is no guarantee at a place at the grammar you want (unless they scored very high) plus their is also the risk you could lose your current allocated school, be that a grammar or non-grammar. Based on that I'm not sure appealing for a school you didn't list or was lower on your preference order is going to be possible unless you go down the late application route.

It is definitely going to be a nightmare for shire hall and the schools, as well as the disappointed children and parents....
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

This worries me too. I don't agree with how the LA hasn't changed anything this year, but in fairness, they have been clear they haven't changed anything and the guidance is all there on their website with worked examples and what late means. I don't know why people still defer to others on facebook rather than reading the guidance or emailing the admissions team at the school or the LA.

My understanding is that any application labelled late isn't dealt with until reconsideration in the first week of March anyway, so I would hold tight, with the 'on time' application, accept the allocated school and THEN go on the waiting list for reconsideration for the school they omitted. And I would email the LA to confirm this approach!

Yep - it's all here regarding late applications: https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/educ ... ry-school/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now