Letter to MP

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2Socks

Letter to MP

Post by 2Socks »

This was shared with me and I thought others on here may be interested.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... ouFl2xM1eW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally I don't think options 1 or 3 are feasible.The test needs to be repeated for children who are ill or isolating, so will need to be at least 14 days later, so no chance of getting the results before the 31st! Option 3 seems unfair for those who are only applying for comprehensives. Some areas are allowing changes to options once the test results are received. I would have thought that was a possible solution, especially as the approx 2000 kids isn't a huge portion of the year 6 cohort. I would imagine option 2 could work if the 11+ results come through quite quickly.
Polgara_Glos

Re: Letter to MP

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I've seen the letter and agree with you. Nationally they won't change the date of the 31st (although with no children able to visit schools, actually the impact is on all children across the country)

Glos LEA have already said they don't consider the situation to be exceptional as 2000+ will experience it therefore no late changes to the choices and no to an increase to CAF choices.

Is there a list anywhere of those LEAs that are accepting any late changes as 'exceptional' or increasing CAF choices? That would increase any argument and pressure on Glos LEA.
Bells

Post by Bells »

I have actually submitted CAF couple of days ago. I have logged in, just to check if there are any changes this year, and was surprised to see 6 choices instead of 3 (we are just outside Gloucestershire border). It might be worth checking what's on Gloucestershire portal.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Just logged in and it's 5 in Gloucestershire.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Blimey! I haven't even thought about doing the CAF! Has anything been sent out yet? I'm sure the login etc is the same as before but even for my youngest it's a good while since I used the system.
I don't have a list of areas that have said that forms can be changed, but I also think that people have said that some areas are delaying the CAF date. Again, I don't imagine Glos will do this, but I would love to be proven wrong!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Some are allowing changes once the results are in, without it being a late application. Remember that most pupils in the country don't sit the 11 plus, so changing the CAF date would be irrelevant for the overwhelming majority.
scary mum
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Gloucestershire Admissions have confirmed in all the letters to register to complete the CAF they won't allow changes. Or if you do, it'll be considered a late application.
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

It looks like Swindon Council have increased the number of choices to 4, but South Gloucestershire have kept it at 3.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now