Anyone here for 2022 entry yet?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brackenboo

Anyone here for 2022 entry yet?

Post by Brackenboo »

Seems strange as this year's test hasn't taken place, but we've started prepping for 2022.

DD did the test last year and is now settled into Y7 at Crypt, so now time to focus on DS...
Lysander

Re: Anyone here for 2022 entry yet?

Post by Lysander »

Yes, I’m preparing my dd for the test next September. Virtual open days all round at the moment!
YankBritmum

Post by YankBritmum »

Yes, just starting to plan things for doing work with DD2. DD1 is at Ribston. DD2 is going to be very hard, in comparison, to DD1 to prepare for 11+, due to her vastly different personality!! There may not be enough wine to get me through the next 12 months.......
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

You would think we'd be more prepared having been through it. But as with most things, what works for one child isn't necessarily going to work second time round. I think we are going to just look at Crypt and the local comps near us. DS got dragged round the open days last year and not sure I can face them again till next year..
Legofan

Post by Legofan »

Yes, 3rd And last time.

Looking forward to it all being over, though I know that might still be 18 months away (If you include waiting for results and national allocation day)

In someways home schooling for 4 months has given me a good idea of strengths and weaknesses and where to focus our effort, so, along with the experience from the first two, I’m a lot less apprehensive about this test.
BusyandConfused!

Post by BusyandConfused! »

Yes, also starting prep for 3rd and last time!
Had a year off this year after DD1 & 2 took 11 Plus in 2018 and 2019. Quite glad this was our year off!

Child number 3 is very different from his sisters...... so different child, different times, different approach!!

Good luck all!
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

How is everyone getting on? We are currently working through the CGP subject books for maths, VR and NVR. Definitely a different experience to DD... Trying to work more with him and go through quick methods early on. Definitely need to work on vocab, he loves reading but will tend to read easier books. Need to find some good books to read with him that also interest him...
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

How's everyone getting on. We're still working through the cgp topic books. Have covered the NVR topics included, but still quite a bit of maths to cover. Today was the first time I got him to sit down and do one of the assessment tests at the back for NVR. Going to try and do a VR one next
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

How is everyone getting on? Finding the home schooling a bit of a frustration here as it all seems quite basic so going to try and get a bit more 11+ done instead on some days. We're doing it all from books and I'm a bit worried with everything going on that the school won't even fully cover all the y5 curriculum, it's all such a challenge for them. Especially if schools don't open again till Easter...
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

How are you all? I was speaking to another year 5 mum and she now understands my frustration and fears last year, but I guess it's multiplied for you guys with missing bits of year 4 and 5?

Hopefully the grammar schools now have a plan for it, but it will be interesting to see how appeals pan out this year given the missed schooling.

Good luck
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now