Anyone here for 2022 entry yet?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Brackenboo

Re: Anyone here for 2022 entry yet?

Post by Brackenboo »

The commute is definitely worth thinking about. Werey only just outside Gloucester and all in getting to the bus stop, waiting etc takes nearly an hour either side. Plus were close enough that normal buses and picking her up from sports fixtures etc is doable. This is why for us Marling is too far out
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

That's a good point. I'd heard most of the clubs are lunchtime, but hadn't considered sporting fixtures. Probably because I can barely run for the bus! Thank you.
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

On the subject of fixtures, I overheard a school gate Mum talking about Saturday sporting fixtures at grammar school. Did I mis-hear? I thought it was just independent schools that had those. Could anyone clarify? TIA.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Yes, Grammar schools do have weekend fixtures.
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

I didn't realise that! Definitely another thing to think about, then. I'd naiively assumed they didn't since some pupils come in from absolutely miles away (Swindon, Bristol etc.) Thanks.
cazien

Post by cazien »

I guess if independent schools have fixtures on a weekend they would need opposition to play against :lol: :lol: .
I don't' remember DD playing that many fixtures for Ribston on a weekend but definitely attended tournaments all day on a Saturday. Crypt always have very busy schedule of weekend fixtures. Unfortunately, if a pupil lives too far away and transport is a problem, they will not be selected for the team.
May be worth a quick look at the calendar of the school/s you are interested in to see if anything has been scheduled.
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

Good point! Can you tell I was a hide behind the bike sheds during PE kinda schoolgirl?! Will take a deep breath and actually take a proper look at the sports offerings. Have been too chicken thus far! Thank you.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Also a lot of sports clubs are after school, especially after y7. I know at Crypt that Netball, Rugby and Cricket were all after school for y7
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

Ah, ok. Worth knowing. Thank you. We're due to relocate to Gloucester next year, so I'll make sure we get somewhere close to school, if Mini Choppy is successful. If I can't face the commute, I'm not going to foist it upon her!
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

How is everyone doing? Feeling nervous here and will be glad when it's all over. We have got a morning slot and ds is pleased he will be in a classroom with friends from school
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now