Results Entry 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Polgara_Glos

Re: Results

Post by Polgara_Glos »

A friend's son in London took his on the 6th November and gets results 3rd December. So I appreciate what the schools are facing but waiting nearly 7 weeks is disappointing.
dodie102

Post by dodie102 »

Polgara_Glos wrote:A friend's son in London took his on the 6th November and gets results 3rd December. So I appreciate what the schools are facing but waiting nearly 7 weeks is disappointing.
That's a remarkably quick turnaround and impressive. I would ponder if they have far more financial resources at their disposal compared with Gloucestershire who somewhat lack in that area. :wink:
Bells

Post by Bells »

That's the standard 4 weeks so not that remarkable. It shows the process can be maintained despite covid. A bit of contingency would be fine, but 3 weeks is showing, as someone said before, it's not a priority anymore. My DD has been asking about the results weekly, now just more of the anxious wait.
Mumto3Girls

Post by Mumto3Girls »

Although 7 weeks does seem slightly extreme, I don't think we should be too shocked at a few weeks' delay.

It is worth bearing in mind that all schools are under an enormous amount of pressure at the moment to keep things running as normally as possible under extraordinary circumstances. This has been exacerbated since half term by a rise in Covid rates in the county (and beyond) which have seen additional measures being brought in across all secondary schools (the compulsion to wear facemasks for example) and rising staff absence both amongst teachers and support staff. A number of the grammars are working with absent year groups who are self-isolating and a number of staff down too.

Because the CAF has been submitted, I can't imagine that processing results quickly is a priority for the grammars at the moment in the slightest as they have to prioritise the smooth running of the school for the benefit of the students already there. This is no mean feat at the moment.

Frustrating for us as parents, but completing understandable in the context of everything else schools are trying to deal with.
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

To be fair I'd much rather they take their time over it and get it right. Most of us will still be biting our nails until the first of March anyway, and what we really don't want is a Crypt-style error like we had a couple of years ago which had significant knock on effects. Better to get it right first time!
dodie102

Post by dodie102 »

Mumto3Girls wrote:Although 7 weeks does seem slightly extreme, I don't think we should be too shocked at a few weeks' delay.

It is worth bearing in mind that all schools are under an enormous amount of pressure at the moment to keep things running as normally as possible under extraordinary circumstances. This has been exacerbated since half term by a rise in Covid rates in the county (and beyond) which have seen additional measures being brought in across all secondary schools (the compulsion to wear facemasks for example) and rising staff absence both amongst teachers and support staff. A number of the grammars are working with absent year groups who are self-isolating and a number of staff down too.

Because the CAF has been submitted, I can't imagine that processing results quickly is a priority for the grammars at the moment in the slightest as they have to prioritise the smooth running of the school for the benefit of the students already there. This is no mean feat at the moment.

Frustrating for us as parents, but completing understandable in the context of everything else schools are trying to deal with.
You put it very well and much better than I did.
TheUpsideDown

Post by TheUpsideDown »

Although I'm disappointed, I am much less anxious now I've got a date. I did feel like we'd been left dangling a bit! Let's hope the next few weeks fly by!
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

starcrazy wrote:It’s usually the fourth Friday after the test - although I believe some years pre-2018 it has been the closest weekday to a calendar month after.

I’ll be interested to see when Warks publish as they just sat CEM last weekend.

Bells I feel the same, feels like it’s not a priority as the schools know the CAFs have been submitted already.
Warwickshire ds here - we have been told to expect the results before the end of the school term! Nothing more definitive than that unfortunately, so seems like a similar sort of turn around time to what you guys are having.

I came on here nosing to see how long other areas were taking to get their results out to see if I can figure out more exactly how long it will be :lol:
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I had a panic attack seeing the results thread top! :lol:

Did they ever work out how to standardise the Birmingham and Warwickshire scores with the tests being on significantly different dates?
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

6.5 weeks for results here. Anyone else wishing their life away?! I can't imagine the wait for GCSE'S/A-levels!

I'd assume they standardised them the same way as CAT tests...based on the age of the child on the day they actually sat the test.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now