Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
starcrazy

Re: Allocations

Post by starcrazy »

That’s sensible, Polgara.

Regarding buses, I would recommend contacting the appropriate company ASAP after allocations are released, as some routes fill quickly. I booked a seat for my son a couple of days after allocation day a couple of years ago and his bus was almost full at that point! I’d guess that requesting a seat early gives the bus companies the chance to increase capacity if demand is high, too.
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

I will be staying up until midnight! I genuinely don't know which school she will get, and I'm too impatient to wait until morning!
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

I will defiantly be staying up too, far too impatient!
Although I’m hoping we may get the letters Saturday, fingers crossed.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

I'm really interested to see all the results this year... feels like we've all been on a weird journey together and I'm really hoping everyone gets what they want. I'm also interested in seeing whether the popularity of the schools is different due to the odd situation.

Not long now, folks. Have any of you requested a letter? Just wondering if anyone may hear on Saturday!
SwimmingUpstream

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

I guess the stats will be completely skewed this year.

If someone has put grammars in the top 2 or 3 places and not qualified for any then straight away you’re looking at getting a place at 3rd choice or below when in a normal year they would have known in advance and not put any grammars down.

But I suppose in fact that reflects the true preferences.

Similarly it will be interesting to see an element of which grammars are 1st choice without knowing results.
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

I haven’t felt the wait too tricky, but I’m getting impatient now. It will be good to finally get places confirmed, if only to be able to start looking forwards, it feels like we’ve all been living in limbo in all sorts of ways. So school place settled, a week to get used to it, then back into school - all feels like progress!

I agree that the data this year will be interesting, to see what impact applications before results has had.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I'm excited now, nervous but excited to see what DC has got! I'm definitely less anxious that the results as their score should mean they have a grammar place and DC is definitely a grammar school kid.

I wonder if anyone will get letters tomorrow.

Hope we can all cope till Sunday night/Monday! :lol:
Thumper2021

Post by Thumper2021 »

Good luck everyone - does anyone know if the grammar schools get a list of students who have been offered a place before allocation day? X
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Jmlh1982 wrote:Good luck everyone - does anyone know if the grammar schools get a list of students who have been offered a place before allocation day? X

Yes, the secondary schools got them on the 17th. Someone on the results thread posted them an actual timetable of the process.
Primary schools and us get them after midnight on the 1st.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Courtesy of Mitasol.

https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/medi ... rmined.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Table is in this document, after primary admissions.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now