Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ginger40

Re: Allocations

Post by Ginger40 »

Same with us. DD is quite bored, but has taken up a strong interest in Geography, watching lots of documentaries which can only be good.
We should also be quite safe with qualifying ranks but i guess we will not completely know until March 1st.
guineapigs

Post by guineapigs »

Two years ago we could log on from midnight on the 1st to get our allocation results.
SwimmingUpstream

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

DD is definitely fed up with year 6, and she's one of the youngest in her year! It doesn't help that the work being set in lockdown isn't differentiated and she covered half of it ready for the 11+

I think I'm glad the allocation is happening before they go back to school though. DD's class were isolating when the results came out, they went back at the end of that week, and it just gave people time to digest the outcome before having to see their friends. Especially this year with delays in exam results and lack of open days etc.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Swimming Upstream... we're also having the issue with non-differentiated work. DD is basically doing 2x the work as she's doing the normal maths and English and then the advanced tasks. Unfortunately she's not learning anything new, but we keep trying to remind her that practice is good.
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

Same here as far as being bored with the set work goes. She’s covered most of it in 11+ prep, so once it’s done she’s been doing more music practice, more reading, more art. Being bored in Y6 is a good indicator that they’re ready for secondary IME.

I think we’ll probably get a letter on the Saturday as should get our second choice. At least there’s not long left to wait.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

1 week! I presume we are all staying up till midnight :lol:
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

I didn’t expect an email to pop up from GCC this morning! It was just a request to log in to the account to test it, maybe they’re being doubly careful this year :lol:
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Yup, that email surprised me too... thought maybe I'd been confused about the date... even though it's been burned into my brain for months :lol:
I'm not currently planning on staying up as unless the popularity of the schools changes hugely she's in to her first choice. That said, if I'm awake I won't be able to stop myself :lol:
DD's class have a chat booked in for Monday mornings... I suspect that the chat next week will be all about the allocations. I've already warned her that some may be disappointed with the allocation.
SwimmingUpstream

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

I can completely see why the email was sent. Can you imagine hundreds of people contacting admissions to reset their login, as well as everybody wanting to know waitlist positions etc. :shock: Not the job I’d want!

I won’t deliberately stay up until midnight, especially because I can guarantee that if I stay up until midnight they won’t update it until lunchtime! But I will check whenever I wake up.

I think Monday is the one weekday that DD doesn’t have a teams session now (new system from today), so people will have at least a day to get their head around the news.

It will be interesting to see the statistics this year for % getting 1st choice/ any of their choices etc following the late test results.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I’ve changed my mind - I’m not logging on in case it’s the unlikely (based on previous years) event DC doesn’t get 1st choice. At least in the morning I can do something about it rather than worry all night.

For those that need it, when are you getting in touch with coach companies about school transport?