Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Glos18

Re: Allocations

Post by Glos18 »

Gosh! A lot of them cutting it really fine. Are those the final figures Bells? Crypt qualified 800 so only a 10 place buffer, Shs qualified 447 so only a 6 place buffer. We did wonder at the time whether they had some inside info, and they seemed to get it bang on, which continues to make me wonder about that.

Re going lower. It can just represent more diversity in choices. If there is a strong preference order then ranks won't go down far eg 8 kids. School A will accept rank 1& 2, School B rank 3&4, School C rank 5&6 and school D rank 7&8. Where there is a weaker preference order, you might see school A accepting rank 1&5, school B rank 2&6, school C rank 3&7, and in school D rank 4&8. In that situation 3 out of the 4 schools have gone down further in rank, and the 4th stayed the same. I don't know if that made sense!

I think there will have been less applicants from the south ooc areas who only had 3 choices. Also, Birmingham knew their results, so if u have a certain place at a Birmingham grammar, you probably wouldn't want to risk a Pates twilight score and be left in limbo until March.

Finally I think the new school in Leckhampton has had an effect. I hear of people putting it above some of their grammar preferences, whereas before they might have ended up in the glos grammars.
DennyDifferent

Post by DennyDifferent »

Just to add to your stats I know someone who was offered Marling at rank 424
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

When will we hear from the schools do you think? DC is so excited.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Bells / Polgara... are those numbers from the schools? Or is it what we know from the forum? Did all the others achieve PAN? I'm going to be interested to see how things look after the reconsideration stages. I'm not sure how many will choose to reject a place, but with so little leeway it's going to be down to appeals to fill places. I doubt that will be an issue, but it's probably not what the schools want.
I'd say that there's a good chance that nearly everyone who qualified could get their preferred grammar school!
Polgara, I've not idea when we may hear from the school, but I've said to DD that she shouldn't expect anything until the reconsideration stage is over... I've suggested that will be at the end of March.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

2Socks wrote:Bells / Polgara... are those numbers from the schools? Or is it what we know from the forum? Did all the others achieve PAN? I'm going to be interested to see how things look after the reconsideration stages. I'm not sure how many will choose to reject a place, but with so little leeway it's going to be down to appeals to fill places. I doubt that will be an issue, but it's probably not what the schools want.
I'd say that there's a good chance that nearly everyone who qualified could get their preferred grammar school!
Polgara, I've not idea when we may hear from the school, but I've said to DD that she shouldn't expect anything until the reconsideration stage is over... I've suggested that will be at the end of March.
The ones I posted were purely from this thread.
Bells

Post by Bells »

Mine came from LA so as it stands 1st of March.

Don't forget that late tests will be slotted in after reconsideration so this will add to qualified numbers.

Ribston sent welcome email this morning, with just some general plans for induction and asking for confirmation if we are accepting the place (on top of accepting with LA). It makes sense now - they want to confirm their nunbers sooner than later.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Polgara/Bells, thanks both. So for the others (not from schools) there's a good chance they went lower!
I'd forgotten about the late test, that's a really good point.
As for the mail from Ribston, I'm not surprised. They could be deciding whether to qualify any more girls, like Crypt did a couple of years ago.
Does anyone have any idea how many normally sit the late test? I know it doesn't affect me, but I am really curious!
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

I was wondering about the motivation behind the Ribston email and request to confirm acceptance of places, it makes more sense knowing they’ve allocated PAN -1.

The allocation data will be interesting when it is released.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

We had a similar email from Crypt last year, I imagine its to help them guage and start planning. I don't know whether Ribston would just wait for late rest and appeals results first as there is always some movement then. I wonder if there will be more appeals this year, plus potentially children who passed the test but didn't add that school in their CAF who would go on the waiting list
oxford_girl

Post by oxford_girl »

We received a welcome letter this morning from SHS asking to confirm the acceptance of place(on top of the Local Authority) and to book a meeting for an open session with the headteacher.