Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Thumper2021

Re: Allocations

Post by Thumper2021 »

Polgara_Glos wrote:
Jmlh1982 wrote:Good luck everyone - does anyone know if the grammar schools get a list of students who have been offered a place before allocation day? X

Yes, the secondary schools got them on the 17th. Someone on the results thread posted them an actual timetable of the process.
Primary schools and us get them after midnight on the 1st.
Thank you - I feel sick to the stomach I feel like this has been going on forever just want to know now :(
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

It is a really strange feeling to know that the schools know the destiny of our kids but we don't! I'm feeling quite impatient now. It would be nice to get letters on Saturday but I would be surprised if that happens as there will be a higher number of non-first preferences and covid meaning that a lot of the council staff are probably wfh.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Council no longer print letters at Shire Hall but send letters directly without printing to a mail processing place to print mail and post. Especially batch letters.
Thumper2021

Post by Thumper2021 »

I know I should be thinking more positive but... does anyone know how we get put on a waiting list. Is it via the council website or direct with the school? X
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

When you get your offer there is the option to accept/reject. You should accept the place offered (to ensure a place at a school is held for your child), then on the others you didn't get the place you wanted, you can ask for reconsideration. Then once those are sorted with any late applications by the end of March, you can go on waiting lists.

Fingers crossed you won't need it, but always accept the place offered first is the advice.

From step 5 here. I always recommend using the LA guidance over whatever anyone on here says https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/medi ... t-2021.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

I've heard about someone getting their allocation letter this morning (comp) so some letters have definitely gone out....
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Glos18 wrote:I've heard about someone getting their allocation letter this morning (comp) so some letters have definitely gone out....
Did they request a letter? Stares up the street for the postman....
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

Sorry, not sure.
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

We didn’t request a letter but should get one as won’t be allocated the first choice. Our post has been so sporadic I can’t recall if we’ve had any on a Saturday for the last few months though so the email may well arrive first :lol:
Mumto3Girls

Post by Mumto3Girls »

Letters come if you are not allocated your first choice.

We've just had one for one of our twins DDs who has been allocated Ribston (which we knew she would get as top 150) She chose Pate's 1st choice.

What that also tells me is that her twin HAS been allocated Pate's as we haven't received a letter for her and this was her 1st choice also. Her rank was 189.

Umming and ahhing for confirmation re Pate's before telling them :?

Think we'll probably discuss with them now as we have more time over the weekend!

Am very proud of them both. Good luck to all of you too