Transport to Sir Thomas Rich from Swindon

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2Socks

Re: Transport to Sir Thomas Rich from Swindon

Post by 2Socks »

I spent forever on buses (or at bus stops) when I went to senior school (probably 1hr 20mins each way) - some was fun but overall it was an awful waste of time.
I know it's off topic but if you assume 2.5 hrs per day commuting, that's 15 hours a week... that's literally half of the weekend lost... assume you'd have been getting 8 hours sleep, so 16 hours per day of waking time, but then take away time for eating etc and that's a whole day gone! I've always tried to get jobs that I could walk to...gave up on the idea of commuting as soon as I could, so that was a definite advantage for me.
Streatham Mum, Thanks for saying that, I've been feeling a little guilty that I'm not prepared to drive her to the bus stop/station every day for a different school that she may have liked... we could make it work, but it would definitely be a hassle. I've put a few posts on here about the difficulties for my parents. Suffice to say that's one of the reasons why grammar is preferred...10 minute walk if she dawdles (and she will!) She's also pleased that she will have had time to finish homework before some of her friends get home. I won't hold my breath though that it actually happens :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now