Help!!! Top 150 for Pate's but offered Tommies!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Fliblet

Help!!! Top 150 for Pate's but offered Tommies!

Post by Fliblet »

Can anyone explain what has happened here? DS was ranked in top 150 for Pate's, we put Pate's first on our application, but he's been offered Tommy Rich's - how is this even possible? We are devastated!
Polgara_Glos

Re: Help!!! Top 150 for Pate's but offered Tommies!

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Oh no. I think this happened last year or year before. The person called Admissions on the Monday, sent them proof from Pates and it was sorted in a couple of hours.

Easier said that done I know but don't panic till you've spoken to the Local Authority on Monday.
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

Don't panic! Same thing happened last year (or was it year before?) and it was all sorted out within a couple of days. Contact the council on Monday. It will be an admin error somewhere.
Bells

Post by Bells »

It must be an admin error, I am sure you will be able to sort it out on Monday.
How awful though, to get this letter today and having to wait till Monday. I am really sorry this happened, but also pretty confident it will get sorted.
Mumto3Girls

Post by Mumto3Girls »

Highly likely to be an admin error. Check the website on Monday and if that doesn't say Pates (which it probably will!) then contact admissions.

If your DS has a name which is shared by someone else it could be something that daft.

However, although it is likely to be "just" an admin error, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. You have my sympathy and crossness with the CC.
Fliblet

Post by Fliblet »

Thank you all - hopefully sounds like a mix-up. I'll ring on Monday. My biggest fear was that I'd somehow misunderstood how it all worked and there was some way that meant he wouldn't get a place that I'd missed. Thanks for reassurance - fingers crossed we'll get it sorted. I feel bad if they've offered his place to another child who then doesn't get it though.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Fliblet wrote:Thank you all - hopefully sounds like a mix-up. I'll ring on Monday. My biggest fear was that I'd somehow misunderstood how it all worked and there was some way that meant he wouldn't get a place that I'd missed. Thanks for reassurance - fingers crossed we'll get it sorted. I feel bad if they've offered his place to another child who then doesn't get it though.
I don't think they'd do that. They'll take any place that may have been freed through reconsideration or even over to 151 places as it was their error. Esp as that child would then displace someone else where etc
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

I hope this gets sorted quickly for you, I’m sure it was when it happened last year.
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

As Polgara said, no one needs to be displaced. Your DC will just be 151. I know of at least one person who will be turning down their Pates place, so there won't be a problem anyway.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Hi Fliblet

Any joy with the LA?

Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution