SHS starters 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Polaris

Re: SHS starters 2021

Post by Polaris »

I imagine they'll let you know, but usually they say to take cash in for the first day or so whilst they get the fingerprints sorted.
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Yes fingerprints usually sorted very quickly.

Year 7 i think go to lunch 5/10 mins earlier than everyone or at the very least go first ahead of others....not sure whether its just for the first few weeks / term though.

Lunch times in the canteen do get busy. When she first started SHS she went with a pack lunch so she had choices & I had the comfort of knowing she had food in case she didn't manage the canteen for the first couple of days.
Polaris

Post by Polaris »

That's good advice Octsmum. It is only y7 & y12 in on Monday and Tuesday anyway. I don't know if they will let y7s in first after that, but I do know they are planning to stagger lunch so that ks3 and ks4 have lunch at different times, if that is useful to know.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

How are all of your daughters getting on?

Mine is loving it! We have a minibus service now operating from our area and it’s working well so far.

Learning point for her though is take more notes on what the homework actually is as the description on class charts is rather brief!
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

All good our end. DD seems really happy, although homework still v light! Minibus is working out well. I was expecting DD to be exhausted but she has been full of energy. So far so good.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now