SHS starters 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MountainDweller

Re: SHS starters 2021

Post by MountainDweller »

snoflake wrote:Well I found out 15 hours later than everyone else, but our appeal was also upheld! Whoop! So happy!
Fantastic news!
MountainDweller

Please can someone tell me the dates of the summer school.
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

Congrats to everyone who won their appeals. We appear to have quite a lot of SHS families on here now! Just seen the email saying induction day is cancelled: (
If they are able to do the summer school though, it should be fine. Mountain dweller- the dates are 9th to 13th of August.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

It's sad but the right decision IMO.

Congrats to all those winning appeals!
MountainDweller

Glos18 wrote:Congrats to everyone who won their appeals. We appear to have quite a lot of SHS families on here now! Just seen the email saying induction day is cancelled: (
If they are able to do the summer school though, it should be fine. Mountain dweller- the dates are 9th to 13th of August.
Thank you.
We’ve just been emailed by SHS…all seems real now!
mini.me

Post by mini.me »

We're another successful appeal and delighted! We live in the Stroud area, so DD is absolutely thrilled to be going to a 'local' school with friends from her primary.

Interestingly, they were 6 under PAN at our hearing last week (it had been 4 under PAN in the appeal documents), so even with the successful appeals, they might only just fill up this year?
MountainDweller

mini.me wrote:We're another successful appeal and delighted! We live in the Stroud area, so DD is absolutely thrilled to be going to a 'local' school with friends from her primary.

Interestingly, they were 6 under PAN at our hearing last week (it had been 4 under PAN in the appeal documents), so even with the successful appeals, they might only just fill up this year?
It would be interesting to know how many appeals they heard this year. We had ours on Wednesday and know they were running until Friday.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Wow, I don't know if that is normal? But feels odd, we made the decision to go for SHS over the Glos grammars as SHS seemed to us, to be a mash of the best bits (for us) of Denmark and Ribston in lovely grounds. And DD clicked with it!

We are still having issues with transport, which i researched in depth before we submitted the CAF, but since the bus now isn't running I'm trying to make sure we have a good alternative arrangement.
BlueDoor

Post by BlueDoor »

Polgara - I asked about the house t shirts when I was in Batemans and they said not to buy yet as they only need them for the summer term, so to buy them nearer the time.
They may have changed it for next year then, but current yr7 (the only year group to have the house T shirts) first had them for house football back in October. They wear the maroon polo for general PE and the coloured house T shirts for house-specific events. DD2 wore hers for house rounders on Monday. I believe the original idea was to be able to see who was playing for which house team as the school was unable to lend out the usual bibs for Covid reasons.

The current house T shirts are very, very small! We had to order them without seeing them (we paid online and Batemans made a single bulk delivery to the school) - I went for 12/13 for my tiny 11 year old thinking it would last a few years. It only just fits her!
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

DD very excited to find out her form and house this morning!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now