STRS New starters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2Socks

Re: STRS New starters

Post by 2Socks »

ABA20 wrote:Hi, Just got a confirmation for STR and would like to connect with the STR parents. Well, I am new to Gloucestershire so looking for advice on homes, most probably near to school or short bus route.
Congratulations. I live within walking distance, so can't comment on the dedicated school transport (but take note that people have said that seats are going fast on at least some of the routes for some schools) but the 10 and 94 bus routes both get within easy walking distance, so it's worth looking along their routes as well.
ABA20

Post by ABA20 »

Thanks, @2Socks. I would prefer to relocate near the school, within walking distance. Any comment on Hucclecote and Churchdown areas? Looks like these areas not far from school and easy to walk or cycle.
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

Congrats ABA20, your son will be joining mine :D
Both areas you mentioned Hucclecote and Churchdown or close to the school and easy to get too. I don’t really know Churchdown too well, but Hucclecote is a nice area and my DC currently goes to infants in the area. I think it very much depends on budget, what your looking for etc.
ABA20

Post by ABA20 »

Thanks @ Future2020. Great, let's get connected on FB if it's fine with you. My first preference is Hucclecote and actively looking for a 3BHK in the area.
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

Another quick question, if I may, for those who know!

We need to get new school shoes now, can’t manage to stretch it out to the end of term, and although it’s quite possible that he’ll grow out of them before September, I want to make sure that we buy ones that meet what’s required at STRS. The website just says black or brown shoes as far as I can see, is that right? We won’t get black trainers, but some school shoes look more trainer-y than others. And assuming laces or Velcro are both ok?
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

As long as they’re reasonably smart shoes, they’re fine yes. Velcro not a problem!
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

How are your boys feeling towards induction day? I feel very lucky that they are going ahead and we know the boys classes. My son is feeling excited and nervous but I’m sure they’ll have a great day! :D
dodie102

Post by dodie102 »

It's great that they are having an induction day though I can't quite figure out how they are managing it bubble wise. My son is very sad to be leaving his lovely primary school but equally excited about new beginnings. I'm just going to make sure that we have plenty of 'down time' in our calendar for the first half term as if he's anything like his sister he will be utterly exhausted. I'm also going to win the 'pick up your socks' battle. God help him at senior school with his organisation! :shock: :lol:
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

I feel you on the getting organised bit! My son attended yesterday’s induction day and had a great time, naturally worried about friendships as he didn’t know anyone but he walked out smiling and happy. Looking forward to Simmer school so that’s a positive sign :)
dodie102

Post by dodie102 »

Just a quick question to those who might know. My son is the type of boy who would wear shorts every day of the year. Do any of the boys wear 'uniform' shorts at STR or are they even allowed to? The school where I teach has quite a few students who are in shorts all year round but it might be awkward if no other student does...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now