Allocation Day Statistics, 2021 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Polgara_Glos

Re: Allocation Day Statistics, 2021 Entry

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Purtonboy wrote:Thanks Very much for your kind replies. Those are very helpful and give some hope. I am going to speak to school shortly and update here.
You could Post in the main allocations thread as well as here, you may find more info/diff people reading it there. https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... &start=190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Or start a new thread. I wouldn’t want it to get lost in between people discussing stats.
Purtonboy

Post by Purtonboy »

School said that, They can't release the last rank position as this could identify an individual child. Anyhow, we will be able to know it in around 10 days I guess. Thanks everyone for your support & guidance.
Purtonboy

Post by Purtonboy »

Polgara_Glos wrote:
Purtonboy wrote:Thanks Very much for your kind replies. Those are very helpful and give some hope. I am going to speak to school shortly and update here.
You could Post in the main allocations thread as well as here, you may find more info/diff people reading it there. https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... &start=190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Or start a new thread. I wouldn’t want it to get lost in between people discussing stats.
Thanks very much.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Purtonboy wrote:School said that, They can't release the last rank position as this could identify an individual child. Anyhow, we will be able to know it in around 10 days I guess. Thanks everyone for your support & guidance.
Call GCC admissions - someone else here did that for other schools and got lowest rank offered from them.

I don't see how rank identifies a child unless there is a public list or ranking of them available?!?? I certainly never told anyone my DC's rank.
Purtonboy

Post by Purtonboy »

Polgara_Glos wrote:
Purtonboy wrote:School said that, They can't release the last rank position as this could identify an individual child. Anyhow, we will be able to know it in around 10 days I guess. Thanks everyone for your support & guidance.
Call GCC admissions - someone else here did that for other schools and got lowest rank offered from them.

I don't see how rank identifies a child unless there is a public list or ranking of them available?!?? I certainly never told anyone my DC's rank.
Thanks very much, let me see.
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

I think the new school in Leckhampton had a predictable effect. Edited to add: this should solve at least some of, if not the entire gap in provision of secondary school places over Cheltenham way when up to capacity in a couple of years.

I do wonder what else GCC are planning to do in the coming years, with the many new houses being built in Glos, Chelt and in between. On allocation day, there were no secondary spaces remaining in Gloucester; none in Cheltenham; 1 in Stroud, 6 in Tewkesbury, 48 in Newent and 131 in the Forest. Considering the grammars each added an extra form a couple of years ago, I wonder if there is scope to add more?

Anecdotally I know quite a few children who would prefer schools other than they’ve been offered (many of these were offered their first preference too, both comps and grammars) so maybe reconsideration will be a bit more of a shuffle than in a usual year.
Purtonboy

Post by Purtonboy »

Just to give an update, GCC said today that his position on the waiting list for Marling is 17 (Rank 490). I am not sure how far it would go, any information greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Purtonboy

Post by Purtonboy »

I am pleased to updated that our appeal is upheld for Marling, thank you for guidance in this forum.