Year 8 test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JayC

Year 8 test?

Post by JayC »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. Is there a test you can take at year 8 for grammar schools? If so where can I find details about it, other then of course contacting the individual schools themselves.

Thanks
J.
hermanmunster

Re: Year 8 test?

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi there is a thread here from a few years ago - usually referred to as 12+ but not sure that it is a formal thing is Gloucs, more for filling occasional spces
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

There isn't a general 12+, the schools do their own tests. It might be possible to just to ask for a transfer if the child sat the 11+ and qualified for that school at the time but chose a different school. The schools have different rules about re-applying as well. I think some allow you to sit a test once in addition to the 11+, where as I believe Pates won't let you apply again if you didn't qualify first time round.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Hi

If you want your child to go to a grammar school later than in the normal admission to year 7, you are dependent on a vacancy arising.

I know that at Ribston, you have to take an entrance test after Christmas in Year 7.
At Denmark, you must also take a entrance test, even if switching between grammar schools within Gloucestershire (I know someone who transferred from another Glos grammar in year 9)

Best bet is to call the school, see if they have a vacancy/waiting list and get your child's name onto it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now