Waiting List Information.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Purtonboy

Waiting List Information.

Post by Purtonboy »

My son is in the waiting list for Marling. GCC said today that his position on the waiting list for Marling is 17 (Rank 490). I am not sure how far it would go, any information greatly appreciated. Thanks.
happyb

Re: Waiting List Information.

Post by happyb »

In a normal year a waiting list always has movement I think this year it is very hard to tell as when the caff was filled in everyone ranked the order in preference however circumstances change and crypt is running a drive to poach to I would expect some movement but in the mean time I’d get ready to appeal as all schools take students at appeal
Glosmum80

Post by Glosmum80 »

When you say Crypt are on a drive to poach - what do you mean by that??? I thought they allocated all places on March 1st???
Hamsterball

Post by Hamsterball »

From what I read, The Crypt emailed parents of children with good scores that had selected another school. I guess they understand that there would be children that might have placed them as a choice if they knew their score beforehand, e.g. Out of county children that might have only placed Pates on their form.

Possibly to entice higher scoring children in (during all the post allocation shuffling around) rather than offering a place to the children who qualified but were not allocated at Crypt, so those that scored in the 790-800 scores, I guess.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

It has happened with schools elsewhere before - usually a bit earlier in the process than this - they can't offer them a place but should they put in a late application they would be very high up the waiting list
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now