Appeals - Good Luck!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Polgara_Glos

Appeals - Good Luck!

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I know there were a number of parents in the 2021 Allocations considering appeal. I don't know if you have gone to appeal, but wanted to wish you good luck and a happy outcome.
snoflake

Re: Appeals - Good Luck!

Post by snoflake »

Polgara_Glos wrote:I know there were a number of parents in the 2021 Allocations considering appeal. I don't know if you have gone to appeal, but wanted to wish you good luck and a happy outcome.
Thank you! I had my appeal yesterday and am now utterly exhausted! Apparently I’ll get a letter by the end of next week so I’m holding my breath until then!
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

Good luck snoflake!
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

I've just had a look at the appeals forum, and there seem to have been a lot of successful appeals for SHS. From the conversations on here it seems that they were under PAN, so oversubscription wasn't such an issue. Has anyone heard anything about appeals elsewhere? I thought they'd cut the qualification numbers quite fine this year (particularly for the girls schools) but I didn't expect them to be under PAN. Either way though, I'm sure we can be certain that there will be at least 150 kids in year 7 at each of the grammars come September.

I don't know if this applies to anyone, but good luck if you're awaiting an appeal result or on a waiting list.
Purtonboy

Post by Purtonboy »

We have appealed for Marling, our son was on WL rank 11. Our appeal was upheld, received the email for clerk to the panel but still waiting for the school's email.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

excellent news Purtonboy! Congratulations :D :D
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Purtonboy wrote:We have appealed for Marling, our son was on WL rank 11. Our appeal was upheld, received the email for clerk to the panel but still waiting for the school's email.
Congratulations!
Purtonboy

Post by Purtonboy »

hermanmunster wrote:excellent news Purtonboy! Congratulations :D :D
Thanks a lot.
Purtonboy

Post by Purtonboy »

Polgara_Glos wrote:
Purtonboy wrote:We have appealed for Marling, our son was on WL rank 11. Our appeal was upheld, received the email for clerk to the panel but still waiting for the school's email.
Congratulations!
Many thanks. A long journey comes to an end and another journey starts from here.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Glad to hear the good news from everyone. It's also good to think that each successful appeal frees a space for another child on a waiting list.