Summer School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mini.me

Summer School

Post by mini.me »

Does anyone know much about the summer schools?

When are they taking place and what will the children be doing?

Trying to plan....!!
Polgara_Glos

Re: Summer School

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Which summer school and where? For the incoming year 7s?

They are all organised by the schools so will be different?
mini.me

Post by mini.me »

Yes, Y6 to Y7. Some of the kids at DC's school have received invites but others haven't. I wondered whether they were all happening at similar times as we've not heard anything yet? :?
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

Each school is probably trying to decide when to fit summer school in!

Ribston have just sent out an email this morning, their summer school will be 23-27 August.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I know Marling has 2 weeks to choose from W/c 9th and w/c 23rd.
Stroud is 9th only.
Naryu

Post by Naryu »

We just got the Ribston email this morning, it’s lucky that it doesn’t clash with our hols!
mini.me

Post by mini.me »

We SOOOO need a holiday this year - trying to avoid a clash too! Interesting that they're all running in different weeks?

I assume it's the secondary school teachers running them? Poor teachers, that's all they need after the year they've just had!
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

Does anyone know if STR are planning to run one? Their recent letter made no mention of it.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

mini.me wrote:We SOOOO need a holiday this year - trying to avoid a clash too! Interesting that they're all running in different weeks?

I assume it's the secondary school teachers running them? Poor teachers, that's all they need after the year they've just had!
SHS said they were using COVID catch up money and school staff, 6th formers and others invited in to deliver it. So I would imagine they are getting paid and I hope there was a choice :)
dodie102

Post by dodie102 »

My son is due to start STR in September and although we haven't heard from them re a possible Summer School that suits us. Catch up funding probably isn't as vital to grammar schools as it is for comprehensives after all we're not really talking about educationally deprived children. It might be useful if your child is quite anxious about the move up to 'big school' but I wouldn't worry if you either can't or don't want to take up the offer of school in summer.