Waiting lists / Appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2Socks

Waiting lists / Appeals

Post by 2Socks »

I'm just curious, but does anyone know if there's been much movement of waiting lists this year? I know of one girl who's been offered a place at Ribston after taking the late test but haven't heard anything else.
If anyone is waiting for their preferred place, I hope it works out for you.
SwimmingUpstream

Re: Waiting lists / Appeals

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

I know someone who has recently been offered a place at Marling from the waiting list (took the original exam).

I also heard that one of the area's private schools made a number of offers in the last couple of weeks and that people were taking those up and turning down their grammar school places. The timing would fit with the Marling offer.
snoflake

Post by snoflake »

I know that SHS are currently at 4 below PAN.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Whhhhaaatttttt? I've very surprised at that. However, things this year are very odd, someone else asked to join Pates waiting list and was offered a place immediately which is unheard of.

So that's Pates (assuming by the speed of the place offer), Ribston (at Offer Day) and Stroud?!

What's going on?

I wonder where the other schools are at? Crypt if I recall offered practically to their lowest qualified.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Thanks all, this is the reason for my curiosity. A lot of the schools seemed to be cutting it close this year and even those which weren't close on allocation day will have felt some impact from kids moving to a higher preference school.
I don't have any knowledge, but I am pretty sure that DD's friend who sat the late test and qualified for Ribston and DRHS (not sure about the others) was offered a place at reconsideration for Ribston and is on the waiting list for DRHS. That suggests that DRHS are 'full' for now at least, but private school offers may impact that, even if it's not seen until September (when the girl just doesn't turn up).
I think that those who have good academic evidence stand a good chance at appeal!
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

Polgara, I very much doubt that Pates are below Pan in the same way that RH was below PAN on offers day (although I'm happy to be proved wrong!). I imagine there are several 'qualified' kids on their waiting list. The recent poster who was offered Pates straight away had a high score, and in previous years late comers with high scores seemed to have been picked up by Pates pretty quickly, so I wouldn't say that it was unheard of at all.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now