DRHS Starters 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SwimmingUpstream

Re: DRHS Starters 2021

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

If you go to the information for parents section, on the new to year 7 bit, the last download in the list is the Art Textiles kit. That lists the sewing kit.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Thank you, I'd completely missed that... I'd got the list from the FAQ (no mention of the sewing kit).

How's your DD doing? Mine is just starting to get nervous that she may be one of the less clever girls...we warned her that going to grammar school means she's not going to be the top of the class for everything and she's interpreted that as she's going to struggle with everything :roll: She's also desperate to know which languages she'll be learning... wants to get the dictionaries already!
SwimmingUpstream

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

DD's the same with the languages!

Mostly excited here, and definitely ready to move on from primary school. She's a bit nervous about not knowing anyone going there but at the same time keen for a new start.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

I don't think she needs to worry about not knowing anyone, there's a couple of other girls from DD's school going, but they've not been put into the same tutor group, so from what I can gather, they will basically all be in the same position as far as their classes are concerned.

Yup - so ready to move from primary - really excited to try all the different subjects, but with that touch of nerves that personally I think is quite normal and healthy :)
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Hope everyone is doing well. We're busy shopping for everything now, and I've made a start on the name labels. Just hoping that the PE kit is delivered on time and it fits when it arrives!
Does anyone know if we need to cover books with sticky backed plastic when they start? (Please say no...we used old wrapping and wallpaper at my school... much prettier and more environmentally sound!) Of course, the best option is that covering books isn't the first piece of homework for every subject!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now