Impact of delay to removing all restrictions to 19th July

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Polgara_Glos

Impact of delay to removing all restrictions to 19th July

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Do we think the induction days end of June/beginning of July will be cancelled?
Brackenboo

Re: Impact of delay to removing all restrictions to 19th Jul

Post by Brackenboo »

Crypt went ahead with theirs last year and I think we were in a similar/worse position. I guess it comes down to whether schools are happy to mix bubbles. I really hope they do. Lots of schools are also planning open tours, so I'm waiting to see if they will still happen
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

I guess we will just have to wait and see. I know they had already been cancelled prior to the announcement in some other parts of the country. Here is a quote from the STRS headmaster's email sent out tonight:

We are currently reviewing our plans for new Year 7 and new Year 12 induction and open day events. However, there has to be a balance between protecting people from the virus and learning to live with it in relative normality. The importance of key transition points in young people’s lives should not be underestimated. Where possible, we will seek to do as much as possible in school but practise social distancing in order to avoid ‘bubbles’ being asked to self-isolate.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I asked SHS and they said they doubt parent events will be in person but still working towards student in person events.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Crypt have today cancelled their 6th form induction days because of "Government Covid Restrictions".
cazien

Post by cazien »

Crypt have also this message today on their website:-

Update 16th June 2021: if you have booked onto one of our upcoming Open events, you will have received an email this afternoon requesting action. Please check your spam emails but if you have not received anything by this evening, please email enquiries@crypt.gloucs.sch.uk
Thumper2021

Post by Thumper2021 »

Ribston have cancelled their induction day
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

DRHS have also postponed theirs, although given the restrictions are in place until the end of term I think it's best to assume it's cancelled. It's a shame for all the kids - I just feel sorry for those who won't have actually seen their new school before they start. At least DD can practice the walk to school over the summer as much as she likes.