2022 Entry Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Snow123

2022 Entry Exam

Post by Snow123 »

I've been searching on line but couldn't seem to find information regarding if the child falls ill on the exam day (or even couple of days before the exam) whether covid or not, what should we do - do they give opportunity to sit the exam on a different day at all? if so, does anybody know when it would be (say a week after the exam?).

I'm getting nervous now since I've heard a couple of DS's classmates tested positive and can't stop thinking what if......

Many Thanks.
Polgara_Glos

Re: 2022 Entry Exam

Post by Polgara_Glos »

There is a test 14 days later for those isolating or ill on the original date.

The old website G7 Gloucestershire Grammars has disappeared which held a lot of information.

We had to complete a wellness certificate and send it with the kid along with a photo to the test. All this was sent out by the schools.
Snow123

Post by Snow123 »

Polgara_Glos wrote:There is a test 14 days later for those isolating or ill on the original date.

The old website G7 Gloucestershire Grammars has disappeared which held a lot of information.

We had to complete a wellness certificate and send it with the kid along with a photo to the test. All this was sent out by the schools.
Thank you very much - it's really great to know! by the way, will the result come out at the same time for delayed sitting?
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Yes it will as both tests are standardised as one cohort.

It's why all the exam day threads are also quiet on exam content - it's the same paper used in the first test, the 14 day ill test and the late sitters in March (who are slotted in to the cohort results).
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Until 2020 the medical test was only a week after the main test...I'd assume that this year (as last) it will be the 14 days after, but check! I think you need to give some evidence of illness / isolating for the main test (but check!) and I also recall that the advice on here for previous years has always been that if your child isn't well then don't send them in - "being unwell" for the test will not count towards an appeal (unless they became ill in the test room with no prior signs) as you've filled out the form mentioned by Polgara to say that your child is fit & well.

I seem to recall hearing that tests can (in very rare circumstances) be administered after the medical date and included in the main rankings cohort, but if that's something that may possibly be needed then I'd discuss it with the test centre. Please don't take the advice of a random on a forum about it!
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

2Socks wrote: Please don't take the advice of a random on a forum about it!
This should be the forum strapline - for anything on allocations, tests, results and CAF forms, talk to the schools and LEA for your definitive answer!
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Polgara_Glos wrote:
2Socks wrote: Please don't take the advice of a random on a forum about it!
This should be the forum strapline - for anything on allocations, tests, results and CAF forms, talk to the schools and LEA for your definitive answer!
Maybe we should also add Facebook and other social media and playground chatter to the strapline. The amount of 'advice' I've been given that directly contradicts formal guidance is really quite depressing!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now