Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:46 pm 

Good afternoon all,

I've just received the confirmation of the 11 plus test :? and it lists equipment needed but no scrap paper is allowed. Does anyone know if they are given scrap paper for working out or if they are allowed to do jottings on the blank pages? Some of the questions are really hard for 10 year olds to do mentally esp. in maths with multi step word problems so I really hope they can!

Also...another parent told me her DD sat a mock test recently and they were not allowed to leave out any questions. is that correct for the real test? As what happens if they run out of time? They will not be given time to guess answers etc!

If anyone know the answers to these I'd really appreciate it!!

TIA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:17 pm 

Hi, they will not be given any scrap paper but will need to do the workings out in the question booklet of required. Technique is quite important in this exam, generally you don’t get time to go back and complete missed questions, so may be worth considering what options there are, leave blank, but may risk loosing position on answer grid or select an answer even if not completely sure. It depends which will work best for your child