How's everyone coping with the wait for the results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Carrie4

Re: How's everyone coping with the wait for the results?

Post by Carrie4 »

Pates says the same -

Update - results for the recent Gloucestershire Grammar School entrance test will be sent to parents by email on Thursday 14th October 2021 (after noon)

- So the results will be out 14th October.....omg, now the wait intensifies! :lol: :roll: :lol:
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

So does Stroud High.

Just 2 weeks to wait.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I feel for you, I really do. I remember ours finally came out 1st (?) Dec and the weekend before I did not sleep, I was so stressed with heart racing etc.

Its odd as already I can see how she's grown up and fitted in (and with hindsight would have done at any of the schools we included on our CAF)
dodie102

Post by dodie102 »

Good luck on results day everyone.

I've been through it twice and both times I hear that the school gates were a bit of a nightmare - I wasn't there for drop off and it was After School Club in the afternoon. Both for my daughter's class a few years ago and my son's last year a parent contacted one of their friends during the school day to tell them their results! :evil:
Quite rightly the Y6 teacher got quite cross!

I had some favourite treats and dinner lined up for whatever the result and we just talked about other things though they both did well. My phone almost melted that evening and apart from close friends I ignored the texts. Honestly!

I think whatever happens you have helped them with their education and they will be on a good footing when they start Y7.

Hope it all goes smoothly.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Luckily most children from our school walk home so we avoid this. We do have football training for DS on the evening of the results so that will be interesting as I think a few have sat the test
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Hi

DD went to a small village primary & quite a few of the class sat the test (about 7/15). We waited until we got home before sharing with DD & We reminded DD to be mindful that others might not have been successful & to be sensitive with her classmates. Teachers were oblivious to the results even coming out.....

Whatever the result, they have your support and the work put in will have helped them have a good foundation for secondary.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Anyone else dreaming about school tours and making decisions, or just me
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

Me too! Although I'd call them nightmares rather than dreams...
Billyboyrum

Post by Billyboyrum »

I swing between calm acceptance that its beyond our control, and blind panic that he's not going to get in. Roll on a week Thursday so we at least know one way or the other
LibbyRose

Post by LibbyRose »

I keep going through plans a b and c with my husband and driving him mad with questions.. He'd be happy not to think about it until results day. I feel OK with whatever happens. I just don't like not knowing what the outcome will be! Not too long now.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now