Results 2022 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brackenboo

Re: Results 2022 entry

Post by Brackenboo »

Definitely were in the process of moving and it's still a long process and taking longer than expected. The other issue is then finding a bus space if needed.

Similar to you we have friends who have been trying to find a rental property (and property to buy) with little luck
sktttttt

Post by sktttttt »

BusyandConfused! wrote:
Anusha wrote:Thank u so much Legofan.

Pates is our first choice as it is the closest.

Leaving 2021's scores and judging by the table posted , should we take 175 as the last possible rank offered to Pates ?

Thanks.
Bit confused about what you're asking about Pates and 175? They will almost definitely go lower than 175. I know in 2018 (for 2019 entry) they offered to 175 in March, but then by Oct had gone to 185. That is a far higher number than in the 2 years since (185 in March 2020, 195 after appeals etc...). And last year was 214 in March and 230 after appeals etc...

So if your child has ranked 175 I think you can be fairly confident. And difficult to know how much of an anomaly last year was, but I think it would be realist they might go into the 190s in March, if not lower. Hope that makes sense?
Would you mind explaining a bit more about appeals and how that affects things? Wouldn't someone have to give up their space after allocation day for an appeal to be successful?
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Any child who gets in on appeal would be an addition. So my DD's class has 31.
Bizymum1000

Post by Bizymum1000 »

Looks like you have a good chance based on last few years. Those who qualify for Pates might not have it as their first choice. Crypt for example is gaining in popularity and some parents opt for either an all girls or all boys set up.

There are many variables but it appears that based on the last few years especially with crypt having a mixed setup, other schools such as pates have been able to go further down the ranks as a result. This is how I’m seeing it based on numbers for the last few years. I’ve also heard some students take the test from outside the area just for practice, would you believe! They do this to prepare for their own test in their area. I actually didn’t know you could register for two tests! So knock off a few of them.

Private schools offer excellent scholarship options so some parents will opt for the smaller class sizes if they are fortunate to go down this route and follow for example an academic scholarship. So I think with that score you should be super proud of your DD
and I would be quietly optimistic they’ll fine.

Good luck and hope this helps.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

CAF submitted, now to keep fingers crossed that DS's tank is high enough and that Crypt go to the same ranking as last year.

Good luck to everyone still deciding and enjoy half-term
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now