How many schools did you share with?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
VickiAA

How many schools did you share with?

Post by VickiAA »

While waiting for results I need a distraction and I wondered how many people share with all the grammars they could and how many are like me and only share with some. We think travel to SHS and Crypt are the only 2 practical, so we have only shared with those and Pates for amusement. I remember from before, when the rankings come out people try to compare schools but if there are many like me can impact range of rankings people receive. I also wondered which schools had more interest than others, possibly just due to location.
LibbyRose

Re: How many schools did you share with?

Post by LibbyRose »

Hi, we shared with denmark, ribston, crypt and shs. Shs a bit far out for us, so unlikely we'd choose there even if only option.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

We were last year and shared with all schools we could. All required a bus, Stroud was 5 mins more than Glos schools and all shorter than Pates so it didn't matter as much.
Willshe

Post by Willshe »

We shared with all we could as we hadn't managed to get to any open days at that point, though think we would have out of interest anyway. We still arent sure which would be the best choice for us! :?
BusyandConfused!

Post by BusyandConfused! »

We have shared with all possible schools - so Pates, Marling, STR and Crypt. Did the same with my girls (5 schools). Out of interest really, as there is no bus for us to Crypt or Ribston so wouldn't ever really consider them.
Legofan

Post by Legofan »

We shared with all. My thoughts were, who knows what might happen between June and starting secondary school.

If you haven’t shared you can’t go there even if your circumstances changed. (Well you probably could but it would be more hassle)
Stroud101

Post by Stroud101 »

We only shared with Marling and Crypt, the two schools we're really interested in.

In hindsight, we wish we had shared with all available schools, just because we like analysing the data and it would have been interesting to know which we would have been successful in applying for (or not)...(!).
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

We shared with all. Sort of a ‘why wouldn’t you’ thing as it’s only a matter of ticking some boxes.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now