Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: On the cusp - what next?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:24 pm
Posts: 3
Well done to all the children today no matter if they qualified or not. The 11 plus is hard work and doing the exam is an achievement in itself.
My DD qualified for SHS but is 2 places away from the last accepted rank of 2020. Anyone have any experience of whether she might get in or not? Is it worth going on a waiting list if she doesn't get a place in March? Would have loved it to be more certain than this!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:10 pm
Posts: 39
My daughter is the same for the school of her choice. I'd love to hear also. It's frustrating isn't it.. Celebrating but left with such uncertainty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:21 am
Posts: 378
We're the same for Crypt, just inside where they went to last year. I would like to try and find out whether they took children from a waiting list/late test after the 1st of March. Although I guess any from the late test who score higher would go above in the waiting list.

We have a safer score for Marling, but logistically it just won't work for us.

We're going to focus the next couple of weeks making sure we've chosen the right back up non-grammar option.

I think we're basically in for a long few months hoping for the best.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:24 pm
Posts: 32
At allocation day in 2020 SHS went down to approx 375, it’s definitely worth going on the waiting list and they also let a reasonable number in on appeal if you have a good grounds / reasons for wanting the school.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:21 am
Posts: 378
On what basis would you appeal if you have a qualified score as I've been wondering about this?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:24 pm
Posts: 32
If you have qualified it would be an over subscription appeal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:18 pm
Posts: 12
We are the same for marling and6

6 places away from march 2020, dont have any data on sep 2020 to dec 2020.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:21 am
Posts: 378
I currently feel like I want to run a survey asking who shared with Crypt and isn't going there :D

I think as we were in a safer position with DD it hadn't really occurred to me how many people share across various counties to cast their 11+ net far and wide. There is no way I would move our whole household for a school. We are still debating between our two likely comp choices and will then be submitting our form :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:09 pm
Posts: 71
Brackenboo - My child shared with crypt but won’t be going there.

A couple of years back somebody produced a spreadsheet to show how you could predict the rank for a school based upon what they ranked for another school. Basically nearly (say 90%) everybody shares with all schools.

For crypt, of the 800 they ranked:
125 ish will go to Pates
115 ish Tommies
120 ish Denmark Road
100 ish SHS
100 ish Marling
60 Ribston
20-25 go elsewhere
meaning they will go down to about 785-795 on allocation day, add in a bit of to’ ing and fro’ing and (with a bit of luck) your child should get a place either on allocation day or off the waiting list on reconsideration.

Nothing is certain but I wish you the best.

Is tommies doable logistically? If crypt rises in popularity it means tommies needs to go further down its list? You could put that 2nd on the CAF and the comp 3rd?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:21 am
Posts: 378
Tommies would work so will out that second just in case. I've looked at Marling again and would be too long a day. So will go Crypt, tommies... Then deciding between Chosen Hill and Henley Bank....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021