Covid in the grammar schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lysander

Covid in the grammar schools

Post by Lysander »

I know that the Crypt open day was cancelled and the Pate’s morning cut back due to covid. I have a child at STRS who is off school with covid - he says that a third of his class are off. The numbers are ridiculous in our primary too. Is this the case in other schools too?

I’m interested as we’ve missed the DRHS and Pate’s open days now due to covid and I’m wondering if enough other people will be affected that the schools might offer alternative dates.
Brackenboo

Re: Covid in the grammar schools

Post by Brackenboo »

There are definitely quite a few at crypt in y8 and my son's primary have a good chunk off. They have asked us to keep siblings off as well if their is a case in the house.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I hope so for you as it was awful only having virtual last year but there isn’t much time left with half term next week.

It is ripping through the schools - especially with the chaos caused by the faulty negative results from the Wolverhampton lab meaning thousands of positive cases went to school and didn’t isolate.
Skytee

Post by Skytee »

We've had to miss DRHS yesterday evening and now will miss SHS's on Thu, due to us having to isolate. I really hope they put on additional dates, but it won't be in time for the CAF submission.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Yes, I think it is getting bad in schools.
I've heard Crypt have 100+ staff/pupils off.
My niece's children in primary school have reverted back to bubbles/staggered start & finish times/staggered break and lunch times.
GCC have started to list schools on their "schools and libraries closures" website.
Fingers crossed the term break might act as a transmission breaker :?
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Hi

My DD is at SHS & there seem to be a lot of cases...DD is saying that classes are down to c10 people out of 30. I know of instances where pupils have had multiple positive lateral flow tests and PCRs returned negative (down to the the lab issue) and hence returned to school. School have now asked anyone with a positive test to revert to isolation to stop the spread.

Hoping that we manage to stay clear between now & the end of the week....& hoping for a circuit breaker half term.

Has anyone heard of the in school vaccination programme rollout commencing? We filled in the forms straight away but it has gone deadly quiet...feels like this rollout could do with being supercharged...
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

I've heard they've been to Pates and Severn Vale locally. There was an article earlier saying they were looking into children using the normal vaccination hubs in the October half-term. Not sure if it will happen or not
thisisall2much

Post by thisisall2much »

Ribston had their vaccinations 2 or 3 week ago. There were protesters hanging around outside handing out leaflets to frighten the poor girls.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

That's awful for the children x
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I asked SHS last week and they didn't have a date.

I'm also just hoping that we stay clear until half term but it seems to be getting closer and closer.