2022 Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SwimmingUpstream

Re: 2022 Allocations

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

2Socks wrote:Blimey! Ribston are nearly an entire class under PAN!
I wouldn't be surprised if they start to think about going co-ed.
They were even further under than last year. I find it strange, but they are clearly still a strong 2nd-5th choice with more people putting them somewhere on the form than the other girls schools- or Marling. I guess they are the school losing out most as more girls go to Crypt.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

It's definitely got harder for boys to get into a Gloucester grammar this year.

I was wondering where the lower drhs scores compare to crypt. I think it's harder for girls to get I to crypt than the girls grammars
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

DRHS was certainly easier to get into than Crypt last year.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

This is really interesting. With a DS taking the exam next year, I worry about the availability of places for boys compared to girls but I don't think Ribston will take boys. I do think it'll be up to 150 very quickly from late list, those who were unsuccessful at other grammars wishing to now consider Ribston and then appeals. I wonder how many they qualified?
Willshe

Post by Willshe »

Brackenboo wrote: I was wondering where the lower drhs scores compare to crypt. I think it's harder for girls to get I to crypt than the girls grammars
My DD ranked highly enough to get into all the girls grammars (all between 365-405) but didnt qualify for crypt. I asked for her rank anyway to see how far out she was - it was around 880 so quite a way off.
cazien

Post by cazien »

SwimmingUpstream wrote:https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/medi ... y-2022.pdf

The allocation day stats are now available.
These stats always make interesting reading!
I notice only 2 schools are over PAN (by 7 pupils) but quite a few schools are under PAN (by a total of 225 pupils :shock: ), so guess this is a low-birth rate year?

Also the number of preferences for schools -
Gloucester Academy had a total of 110 preferences but 210 pupils have been allocated a place.
Forest High had a total of 63 preferences but 73 pupils have been allocated a place.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Willshe wrote:
Brackenboo wrote: I was wondering where the lower drhs scores compare to crypt. I think it's harder for girls to get I to crypt than the girls grammars
My DD ranked highly enough to get into all the girls grammars (all between 365-405) but didnt qualify for crypt. I asked for her rank anyway to see how far out she was - it was around 880 so quite a way off.
The really interesting part is Denmark Road and SHS get better GCSE results and P8 results.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

cazien wrote:
SwimmingUpstream wrote:https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/medi ... y-2022.pdf

The allocation day stats are now available.
These stats always make interesting reading!
I notice only 2 schools are over PAN (by 7 pupils) but quite a few schools are under PAN (by a total of 225 pupils :shock: ), so guess this is a low-birth rate year?

Also the number of preferences for schools -
Gloucester Academy had a total of 110 preferences but 210 pupils have been allocated a place.
Forest High had a total of 63 preferences but 73 pupils have been allocated a place.
Henley Bank is suddenly really popular, so the head is making a good difference I think (it definitely wasn't the school for us)? But it's part of the same trust as GA, just GA is still struggling with the label of the sink school.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Polgara, I think we should be careful with comparison of GCSE results at the best of times, but I think we should be extra cautious here. The cohort for the latest results was different to those qualifying now. crypt becoming co-ed seems to have really piqued interest and as such the bar for qualification has risen. It may well be that the results of the current year 6, 7 and 8 are more commensurate with the admission standard of the schools. It will be interesting to see what happens!
Realistically, it's not great to look at results anyway, as they are obviously so dependent on the cohort, but we have to use the evidence of performance that is available to us, but let's not forget the caveats.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Crypt being co-ed definitely swayed us for DD. Henley Bank is what we've been offered currently for DS. It's definitely improved and I have lots of friends with children happy there. There was a definite difference when we looked around this time, with less focus on behaviour, punishment and isolation and more focus on helping individuals, results and positive areas. I think they've cracked a lot of the behaviour elements so can focus on others. It still came across as a bit military, with kit inspection etc but if kids are missing something now they just get leant the item. We would still rather have Crypt, but chose Henley over Chosen Hill which we could ah e also got into
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now