SHS and Marling open events.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
cazien

SHS and Marling open events.

Post by cazien »

SHS - open morning Friday 29 April 2022. Booking is now available on the school website.

Marling - open mornings in May now fully booked.

Marling - open evening on Tuesday 21 June aimed at Y4/Y5 now taking bookings on website . "Following a short introductory speech by our Headteacher, Mr Balmer, you will be given a site map with the freedom to explore subject departments. We suggest allowing at least 1.5 hours to visit the school, with the evening ending at 7.30pm".
Polgara_Glos

Re: SHS and Marling open events.

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Thank you for posting these! I'm still pondering taking my year 4 who is showing an interest....
SwimmingUpstream

Re: SHS and Marling open events.

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

I’ve booked a few for my year 4 DS.

We took DD in year 4 and early year 5, and I’m glad we did because by this point in year 5 we were in lockdown.

Obviously I’m keeping everything crossed that we don’t get a repeat but having seen people starting schools that they’d never set foot in I don’t want to risk it! The schools are advertising them as suitable for year 4&5 so it isn’t unreasonable. It means you can spread them out a bit too so they aren’t missing chunks of school or having to choose which ones you see because they all hold them on the same couple of days in October of year 6.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now